“BEAUTIFUL rooms, fantastic location & second to none customer service! Will 100% recommend to friends and family!”
Review of Mitre Hotel

Mitre Hotel
Ranked #94 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I don't normally go out of my way to write a review but really felt like I needed to do so for The Mitre! Recently stayed there with colleges for a works night out - We all had such an amazing night! The location is perfect, right in the centre of Manchester so perfect for pre-drinks and a place to sleep after a night out. The staff were really lovely, I really felt like we were given personal treatment. Oh and my room! How can I forget to mention my room! It had been recently refurbished and was absolutely LUSH, I wanted to take the bed home with me ha! Will 100% be staying there again with my work mates, we all had a fantastic night. Thanks again to all the staff :)

Room Tip: The recently refurbished rooms are absolutely stunning and the beds are so comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed for a friends birthday and booked 2 family rooms for the 'girls'! Rooms were basic although plenty of towels, coffee, tea etc and a big tv ! This is an old hotel so steep stairs and creaky floors were a plenty, it did feel like I was sleeping on a hill and the mattress was lumpy, the bathroom was also a little 'tired' and there was a broken window pane in the bedroom.. I have to say the staff really made up for all these little imperfections and I would whole heartedly recommend the hotel on this alone. Our person to goto on reception was named Ben and he made us all feel welcome, explained what we needed to know very well. Thanks Ben! location wise! it's perfect, on the Shambles square right next to Manchester cathedral, beautiful !

Room Tip: Our room on the second floor was very quiet although the hotel was busy. Creaky floors and very stee...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night and had the best time. The staff were the friendliest and most helpful staff I've encountered in a hotel, in particular Ben, who even took a mirror off a wall for me and my 3 friends to use as there was only one provided in our room.

We stayed in room 5 which was ensuite with a double bed and a separate adjoining room with two single beds. It was really clean and the most amazing location being a 2 minute walk from Manchester Victoria train station!

Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to all who need something central in Manchester!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Read so many bad reviews about the mitre but decided to give it a go anyway , 5 mins walk from station , 5 mins from phones4you arena , bedroom & bed was great , massive flat screen TV on wall , could hav used a chair or stool in the bedroom , breakfast in morn was very nice , food In bar was excellent , staff were very polite & courteous , an we best not forget BEN, did us proud at breakfast & looked after our luggage whilst we went shopping , would recommend this to family friends any day . BIG AL & HORNY VONNIE , WIGAN

• Stayed August 2014
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I decided to book a hotel before beginning my search for a flat in Manchester, where I am going to be for the next year and a half for my post graduate studies. I thought it would be best to have a nice place to relax and rest and sleep off 18 hours of travel from Seattle.

The Mitre was fantastic. The staff, specifically Ben, was really helpful and accommodating. He was able to answer all my questions about the city and even gave me some pointers for how to look for a living arrangement. Having worked for years in hospitality myself, I have a pretty high standard for good customer service and he--by far--lived up, or even exceeded them.

The room was nicer than I expected for how affordable the stay was, and it's such a well located hotel! It's right in the City Centre. When I first arrived it looked so busy in the attached pub and surrounding areas, really hopping, so I was a bit nervous I wouldn't get a lot of peace. As soon as I got up to my room, though, it was completely cut off from the noise. Perfect. For a person who had never been to Manchester before I could not have been happier with choosing this place for my first night in town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

1st visit at the Mitre was more than six months ago and when we got the chance to go again on a Living Social deal i didn't hesitate, it's in a fantastic location and the restaurant were quite happy for all 12 of us to book deals and eat together on a sunday afternoon. We were catered for very well, a waiter took our order instead of us all having to go to the bar and order seperate, service good, selection on the menu and food was fantastic.
Thanks again to The Mitre.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Brecon Beacons National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay at the mitre hotel. Claire was particularly fantastic on reception she deserves a pay rise. Thank you very much, lots of love JB & AA. Ps Callum was okay at giving directions and he also told us where to go for a good night out. Loved it!!!

Stayed August 2014