1,104 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I was recommended this hotel by a friend as i needed somewhere to stay due to business night ..I will say it was clean tidy but i will say New pillows and possibly new mattress ....especially for the room i stayed in ...this is my only fault .... close to restaurants and shopping ,staff very helpful and pubs to ...Breakfast a yes

Room Tip: Check room 10 before deciding
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
MitreManagement, Manager at Mitre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mitre Hotel. Firstly, we are happy that overall you were pleased with your stay and the location. We are extremely sorry that you felt the rooms needing a little sprucing up with new pillows and keys. I do not have any information regarding your booking so I cannot see what room you stayed in so if you would like to provide me with this information, I can take a look.

Please let us know if there is anything else further I can do.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Weekend away with my boyfriend , hotel rooms basic but clean , staff helpful and friendly and a great location for going out in Manchester all in all good value for money , would recommend to friends etc

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
MitreManagement, Manager at Mitre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to review our hotel.

We are happy that you were pleased with the room and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Put on the second floor which had steep stairs and i had a disabled mum with me i ask fow ground floor when i booked. The room was damp broken wardrobe door no curtains just a dirty blind what let light in. The price i paid for one night was not worth it also breakfast was not included.
I wouldn't recomend this hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ShortShuff

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I would like to apologise on behalf of the room location being on the second floor, we have no rooms on the ground floor as the hotel is situated on the second floor but we also then had no rooms available on that floor neither.

We do apologise about this.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The Mitre Hotel is in an excellent location bang in the middle of Manchester. We have just had a stag do and the Mitre was a good base to go and do other things. We wanted somewhere to just rest our heads during the full on weekend and it certainly was that.

Very good price for what it is. The staff are helpful and there’s a bar to get any night started. If you’re expecting luxury the Mitre isn’t for you, showers not the best most rooms on a slant etc, the location is worth it’s weight in gold though. The Printworks, huge shopping centre, bars and restaurants a stone throw away.

Hotel is secure you have to get buzzed in and the reception will look after your key when you go out.

Parking available just down the road which is £10 for 24hrs. A great weekend in Manchester and the Mitre turned out to be ideal for what we wanted.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank RyanBR123456
MitreManagement, Manager at Mitre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Good morning Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mitre Hotel.

Thank you for your kind and positive comments, we are located right in the heart of Manchester so as you stated in your review, the hotel is a perfect all rounder. We are glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I dont even know where to start with this hotel. We arrived there and as my headline states Perfectly Situated but......
Its a stones throw from the Arndale Shopping centre and right next to great pubs. The Mitre looks pretty good from outside and when you first walk in it gives you lots of hope as there is a very modern bar. Its only when you go upstairs to reception that it takes a bit of a nosedive. You walk into the reception and its adequate, you pick up you keys and you go into the hallways where further stairs welcome you. You will notice a very nice decorative window but when you look closer you notice it hasnt been cleaned in many a year. You continue to climb the stairs and you notice very nice picture frames but what spoils them is the layers of dust. When we finally reached the our room you notice the floir is at an angle and if you have had one too many beers it can be obviously confusing.
We finally entered our room and suprisingly looked very cosy and spacious. The decor, furnishings were bright and cheerful so we were happy. We went into the bathroom and was horrified. There were cobwebs everywhere, the bath was disgusting and the sidepanels were rotten.
They had blinds that were dirty and wouldnt close so whenever you wanted to shower or use the loo then you would be concerned about anybody seeing you.
Ok we spent very little time in the room as this was a shopping trip for our daughter and yes it was cheap, conveniently situated but this was Manchesters very own Fawlty Towers.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Good morning Ash,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Mitre Hotel.

Firstly, may I take a booking number or reference number so I can take a further look into your booking?

We appreciate all feedback, good and bad as this is our way of looking at things that we need to do to improve the guests stay at the Mitre. We are very sorry that you have had issues with your stay.

We are located in the heart of Manchester and extremely close to shopping centres, restraunts and bars which you say was a positive of your trip. Once I have located your booking I can check what room you were in and check that all the problems you have listed before have now been resolved by our maintenance team to prevent this from happening again. May I ask, did you speak to the reception about any of the issues regarding your room?

Some rooms in our hotel are going through refurbishment at the moment and we are doing everything we can to improve the hotel.

We are extremely sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and I would like to take a further look into your booking.