The Castlefield Hotel
  • Pool
INNSIDE Manchester(Manchester)
Pad Hotel(Manchester)
View Hotel
All reviewsmuseum of science and industrycanal basinsports facilitiesliverpool roadsports hallcity centreleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomsecure car parkswimming poolhealth clubfriendly hotelgood sizebasic hotelthird floorhen partygreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Checked , lady and gent on reception very polite and professional . Rooms are reasonable , clean . Breakfast is okay quite a large selection . Nice and quiet hotel . Would visit again . On this occasion I didn't take advantage of the pool . Would return

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank claud39
GlynnCastlefield, Public Relations Manager at The Castlefield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Many thanks for your feedback. We are delighted that you made the time to share your experience. All your relevant, constructive comments will be made known to the team to ensure that we continue to progress and develop standards and services for the benefit of all guests.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We picked this from the laterooms web site, it was within walking distance to the attraction we were attending. It was just as well it was on offer as when we checked in at 5pm we were told the pool and spa were closing at 6 as it was a bank holiday!!!! The evening meal was excellent and the breakfast was more than enough. The room was clean but cold, the onsight car park was oversecure in my eyes and had a charge also.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2014

After reading many reviews on this hotel I wasn't surprised when we received a warm and friendly welcome. The check in was quick and easy. When we got to our room it was clean and a decent size. Reminded me of the rooms in the Travel Lodge. As I've said before, don't book a 3* hotel and expect a 5*. What was great is it had an iron and ironing board in the room. Overall it was everything you need for a short stay.
So now the bad part....Unfortunately we probably booked the coldest weekend in May ever! Obviously this wasn't the hotels fault and it was extremely cold for the time of year, but our room was freezing! We could not get the heating on, so we just got ready and went out for a few drinks. When we returned back, we were so cold and just wanted to get back in the warm...but our room was even colder than when we left. It felt like one of the windows was open (it wasn't). I rang down to reception to ask if we could get the heating on and I'm not sure he understood what I was asking, but I didn't understand what he replied. However we didn't get the heating on! I had to put extra clothes on to sleep in! I was informed the next morning by the very nice and friendly Receptionist that the heating is turned off at a certain time of year, which I totally get, but it didn't help me have the most comfortable stay. I think she said a few people had mentioned it and she was going to log it. Bit disappointed to have paid £85 to be freezing though. However, this is obviously a one off and everything else, especially the location was great. I would stay again, but a big reason I would is probably because of the location and friendliness of the staff. The room apart from the cold was fine, I just don't think I would have gone back if it was miles out of the city centre!
The breakfast was really nice, had everything you need and the staff yet again were very helpful and friendly.
We had some treatments in the health place below the hotel. We took a special package of £42 which included a massage, facial and light lunch (included a sandwich or salad). It was probably the best massage I've ever had and even if I don't stay at that hotel, I will certainly book some treatments there.
So overall the hotel is slightly dated but taking the coldness away, everything else makes up for it.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The walk from the car park was grim and dirty and the hotel went down hill from there. The rooms were tatty and unclean. With the amount of stains on the mattresses one could only conclude that incontinent tramps were regular residents. This is a hotel to be avoided.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Marston01

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with beautiful views over the canal. Visited the spa for a facial which was beautiful felt so relaxed and pampered after the therapist think her name was Rania? was so kind would recommend going just for the facial. Staff were so helpful and kind.

• Stayed: April 2014