“Consistent chain restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nando's
Ranked #917 of 2,185 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Portuguese, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stockport
“Consistent chain restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I have eaten many times at several Nando's restaurants and the food and service is always the same, which isn't a bad thing. The decor at this branch near Spinningfields is probably the classiest of the ones I have been to and it has a nice ambience.

They bridge the gap between fast food and a proper restaurant very well but I don't like having to order at the counter. The food prices are perhaps a bit high for what you get and drinks are expensive but they are always popular enough to never offer discounts and get very busy at peak times.

A good choice if you want something quick and simple with friends, family or colleagues but not for special occasions.

Crewe, Cheshire
“Absolutely gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was our first trip to a Nandos Restaurant and we werent disappointed. A very friendly gentleman greeted us and fully explained the menu as we hadnt been before. Likewise the lady on the till very patient and fully explained dishes to me. The butterfly chicken was gorgeous and also the mediterranean salad. Lovely starters too, pittas and humous and really enjoyed the tart and gelato. I felt the quality of the food was excellent, beautifully presented and loved the access to all the free dressings. Would definitely return, could not fault at all.

• Visited May 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Poor staff member”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Never had a problem in nando's it is what it is, so after ordering a take away and sitting down to wait for its arrival all was well, now as we all know nando's packs each take out item in its own bag and places them all in a large bag with a handle so you can imagine my surprise when a server hands me six small red hot bags, my first thought is he's obviously going to tell me they have run out of bags, but nothing, so I ask for a bag and I'm given a look as though I've told him his student loan has been permanently revoked and he must return to his long suffering parents immediately, after a few seconds he goes and gets me a bag and places it next to me and leaves me to pack my own food, now I know drinks are self service but this is a new one even for me, no apologies , no reason, no nothing, in the last few days in I've found in various places the standard of staff is well below average and the only conclusion I can draw is these people are Christmas temps and the companies are basically employing the unemployable out of desperation over the festive period, lets hope I have better luck tomorrow

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Second time here. Good food. Very friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Nando's is what it is.
You buy in to what they do here, or not as the case may be.
For me I just go there for a quick bite when visiting the theatre nearby.

I have been to this one a few times now and I have to say it is always been absolutely fine.
The food is nice and tasty and served up quite quickly.

One thing I must say is I have always found the staff here to be very friendly and helpful.
They are on the ball and get on with the job in hand with efficiency.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank whatnamecaniuse
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Staff were extremely helpful and food was delicious. I have never faulted a meal at this Nandos and certainly will go back again when I have the time. Located in the Arndale and just opposite in the Printworks so not far from all the shops and train stations.

Visited April 2013