ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel
US$127
US$115
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
1,466 results
All reviewsbathroom podroom was cleanminute walkgay villagebudget hotelswould stay here againshort staycar parkcentral locationtrain stationearly checkone night staytwin roombooked this hotelgood nights sleepsaturday nightyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed here for two and a half weeks in October 2010 for a business trip while doing some work at the University of Manchester. My group is always on a budget, so I booked this during a very good internet sale.

Pros: Very friendly front desk staff. Good food in the restaurant, I had a risotto and chocolate cake and both were quite good. Prompt maintenance (when I arrived, one of the sockets at the desk was coming out of the wall and was quickly fixed). Easy access to the main train station, about a 10-15 minute walk, and even closer to the Oxford Road station. I frequently walked back from the University late at night - 11 pm or so - and never felt unsafe.

Cons: A bit run-down. The socket in the wall was falling out (though promptly fixed), and my room had a general slightly run-down feel to it. Across the street from a pub which was loud around 3 am (though this could be a pro if you are in town to party). Cleaning was sub-standard. My towels were changed daily, but the carpet wasn't vacuumed and the shower wasn't cleaned the entire time I stayed there. This wouldn't be a big deal to me if I was staying for a shorter period of time, like three or four days. The toilet was extremely loud.

Bottom line: I would stay here again for a shorter period of time (<1 week) if I found a good deal online. If I were to stay for another 2.5 weeks, I would look for another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We very much appreciate receiving feedback that will enable us to improve our service and product. I am so sorry that you experienced issues with housekeeping standards. Our reception team are available 24hrs a day to deal with any issues or queries you have throughout your stay and would have been happy to rectify these problems immediately. I will ensure that the housekeeping team are aware of the problems you experienced and that it does not happen again.

Thank you once again for your feedback,

Katie McKune

An Accor traveller
Leicester
Reviewed 16 June 2011

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 June 2011

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I have stayed at the Ibis, Charles Street, Manchester on two occasions and have thoroughly enjoyed each stay. The bedrooms are tastefully furnished and the en suites are very modern. The buffet breakfast is very good value for money. The hotel is excellently located for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoy all your visits to Manchester and continue to stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon,

Kind Regards

Katie McKune

Reviewed 13 June 2011

This was paid for by the conference organisers, so can't complain about the value for money, but I would have been disppointed if I was paying the price quoted in the lift.

The room that I was in (3rd floor) was quite grubby. Breakfast left a bit to be desired, though. Short walk from Oxford Road so plenty of local eateries and watering holes handy

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business