ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel
  • Room Service
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$111
US$96
  • Free Internet
1,484 results
All reviewsbathroom podroom was cleanminute walkgay villagebudget hotelswould stay here againshort staycar parkcentral locationtrain stationearly checkone night staytwin roombooked this hotelgood nights sleepsaturday nightyogurt
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The hotel is located in an excellent location as we were within walking distance to the Oxford Road and Picadilly train stations as well as the Manchester city centre. Breakfast and Wi-Fi is not included although there is a bistro downstairs for meals.

As we got picked up and dropped off by a friend we did not explore the surrounding area much. The room itself was quite good; reasonably sized and quite clean. The one complaint we had was that there was a weird smell coming from a toilet which affected the whole room. As we were out most of the time we did not request for a room change but we did inform the hotel as we checked out.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Guest;
Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business with us at Ibis Manchester Charles Street. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience with the issues with the toilet, staying with us. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ibis Manchester in the future.
Regards
Jorge Otero

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Do not stay here unless:
a. You like falling asleep to the sound of loud, squeaky climate control systems that the staff can do nothing to repair,
b. You enjoy being awakened every 20-30 minutes by loud, drunk clubbers wandering into the hotel and running up and down the corridors,
c. You appreciate being treated like a common criminal by a breakfast bar manager who seems to have been trained as a guard at a maximum-security prison.
If none of this applies to you, do your sanity a favour and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: try a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your comments. We pride ourselves on our staff training, so this is something I will be looking into personally regarding your comments about the breakfast staff. I'm ver sorry your stay at Ibis Manchester didn't meet your expectations.
Best Regards
Jorge Otero

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed for three nights when I attended a conference at the University of Manchester. I wasn't too keen on the location as it was a fairly quiet backstreet and I didn't feel very safe outside, however, it is a very short walk or taxi ride to the main road so was not a problem. The reception area was nicely furnished and opened out to the bar and eating area. My room was adequately furnished with a bathroom "pod" which contained a shower, toilet and sink. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. I had a dinner on the first night and breakfast each morning - I felt they were consistent with the price paid for the hotel. All of the staff were very polite, friendly and considerate. Overall, I did not have any problems with the hotel and would recommend it for a business trip or a base for exploring the city.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AliRC
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Manchester Charles Street. I’m delighted about your comments about our staff, and about our good service. Looking forward welcoming you again at Ibis Charles Street.
Best regards, Jorge Otero General

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was pleased to see that they'd done some work to upgrade the reception/bar/restaurant area.

This IBIS does what it's supposed to: provide a fairly decent place to stay, in this case pretty handy for Manchester Picadilly and the Universities - which is what I needed.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mike_registrar

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. My team and I, are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Manchester Charles Street, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards
Jorge Otero.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Hotel was very clean, staff helpful. The room was spacious with a large double bed, bathroom OK with large shower, the towels were clean but really do need replacing as they were too thin. Good generous all you can eat breakfast. 10 minutes walk from Piccadilly Station, City Centre, and Apollo Theatre. Would use this hotel again, ideal for a weekend away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Kind Regards Jorge Otero. General Manager