ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel
  • Room Service
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$111
US$96
  • Free Internet
1,484 results
All reviewsbathroom podroom was cleanminute walkgay villagebudget hotelswould stay here againshort staycar parkcentral locationtrain stationearly checkone night staytwin roombooked this hotelgood nights sleepsaturday nightyogurt
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The best things about this hotel are the friendly, cheerful, and efficient reception staff. All I had to do when checking into the hotel was to introduce myself and sign a pre-prepared piece of paper. At many other Ibis hotels (this was my 30th night this year in the group’s hotels) I am often asked to complete a form to provide information that (a) I already provided when I booked on-line and b) they have had on file for at least the 15 years I have been a regular customer of the Accor Group! In particular, Ibis Stratford (London) take note!
Long gone are the days when the Ibis pricing policy was £50 during the week and £45 at the weekend (or something similar) but I am pleased to say my one night stay cost me less than £50 so I feel I obtained value for money.
I decided to prepay breakfast which was help yourself so you could eat as much as you liked. The hot food selection was limited to bacon, sausage, baked beans and that yellow concoction most hotels serve up and which I believe should be banned (I understand hotels often refer to this as ‘scrambled egg’). On leaving the hotel and walking 50 metres to the right of the main entrance I notice a pub offering breakfast for £3 and made a mental note to check that out the next time I stay at this hotel. And I will the next time I am looking for an inexpensive stay in Manchester.
I encountered one problem with the plumbing which I reported to the reception staff on departure. I’m sure they will address it but I was concerned that the staff who serviced the room must have been aware of it but did not appear to have acted on it (hence the mediocre service score).
The rooms are, in estate agent jargon, a little ‘tired’ but there were indications that some are being renovated. In contrast the public areas are light, airy and well maintained.

Room Tip: There is a night club at the opposite corner of the road junctrion so high level at the back is best. The view may not be much but at least it is quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Brian,

Thank you so much for taking the time in posting a review about your last stay at the Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street. It is always good to have feedbacks in order to improve our product and services. I am pleased to hear you have had an enjoyable stay,and I have taken in consideration your feedbacks about breakfast and issues with the plumbing. I will make sure our housekeeping team always report defaults so none of our guest occures any issues during their stay. I hope we will see you soon at our Ibis hotel in Manchester. Once again many thanks.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Lovely stay here right in the centre of manchester gorgeous rooms food is nice the bar man wez was nice served us untill we wanted to go bed excellent customer service worth every penny. One of the rOoms we stayed in was damp so we asked to switch rooms they moved us rooms and gave us a free breakfast for the problem overall I would recommend it 100%

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank xashliedionx
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay at our Ibis hotel Manchester Centre Princess Street. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedbacks and I am glad to hear that your stay went well. We all look forward to seeing you back with us!

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed here on Friday just gone

Shocked and appalled at the way I was treated here...night porter as good as assaulted me. He was aggressive towards me and kicked me out of the hotel and told me i had to beg to come back in. he was there with a group of his friends who he tried to pass off as guests.

Appalling way to treat customers. I complained but wasn't listened to...even after being threatened

Stay clear of this hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stuart80

Dear Guest,
Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business with us at Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you have had with our team not being up to the customer service standards we pride to deliver in Ibis. Necessary actions have already been put in place to prevent such an event to happen again.We do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ibis Manchester in the nearer future.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We browsed for the lowest fares to stay for a few days in Manchester, and came across this Hotel. Ibis is a trademark synonim to quality in our experience, and was also the lowest fare we found, so, the choice was easy.
Upon arrival the service was great, always attending and very polite. The room was small, but then so was the fare, and very well tended and fresh.
We had a great stay and in my opinion one of the best places we lodged.
Cheers

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vanslide
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear Guest:
Many thanks to you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay at the hotel Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street. I am glad to hear that your stay went well, and I will share your feedback with all of my team. We all look forward to seeing you soon with us! Kind Regards. Jorge Otero

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed here in June 2012 after the Coldplay Concert at the Etihad Stadium.
Great location for us to explore Manchester, which was great.
The rooms did need some serious TLC, cigarette burns on the floor and furniture, etc.
The bed was really uncomfortable, but as we were only staying here for one night, we didn't make a fuss.
The bathroom was lovely though :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:
Many thanks to you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay at the hotel Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street. I am glad to hear that your stay went well, and I will share your feedback with all of my team. I would like to let you know that from the 15th of August we wil have our new brand new beds installed. We all look forward to seeing you soon with us! Kind Regards. Jorge Otero