“Rudimentary and a bit tired”

ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel
Ranked #48 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 September 2012

While this is well located, and fine for a business trip, I would not want to stay here for pleasure. Certainly the staff are attentitive and friendly but the facilities and rooms are pretty tired and unattractive - I stayed two nights while in Manchester on a conference - booked in by the organisers - and although it was functional there was no joy in the stay. The braodband/wifi access in the rooms is pretty expensive, and while they have a free internet point in the lobby which I used extensively, the lack of free wifi also suggests business travellers might be better elsewhere. Thus, despite the well-meaning efforts of the staff not a particulary good stay.

Room Tip: Noisy at the front so try to get a room overlooking the back
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your last stay at the hotel Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street. It is always good to receive feedbacks in order to improve our services. We all look forward to seeing you soon with us! Best Regards.
Jorge Otero

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed 14 September 2012

This was my first stay at an Ibis hotel and to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to it. Once arrived, we were greeted and checked in quickly, the rooms were pleasant enough. Light, windows that opened fully, clean. The shower was a little tricky to negotiate with as the temperature of the water fluctuated a lot. Also the TV didn't work properly, but otherwise a fine room. Half way through our 4 night stay, the air controls weren't in operation. We came in to find our room was very warm, so we went down to front desk to see what they could do. There is one guy running the hotel at night. He seemed very uninterested and when we reported the problem, he just shrugged and said 'You could always open a window', which i find extremely rude. The next morning, the manager was in so we spoke to him, he quickly addressed the issue and offered us a new room and the use of a fan. The room was nicer, the shower worked better and the tv was functional also.
The location is brilliant, especially for the price. It's about a 10 minute walk to Picadilly Station, 15 to Arndale Shopping Centre & Printworks, and 2 or 3 to Canal St. It's also close to the theaters. Overall, I would probably stay here again, assuming the price was right, and would recommend this hotel if you're not willing to splash a lot of cash for a better hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Dear Robin,
Many thanks to you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay at the hotel Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street. I am glad to hear that your stay went well, and I will investigate the comments about the Night Manager . We all look forward to seeing you soon with us! Best Regards.

Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

Every time I come and stay in Manchester I always stay in ibis either this one or Portland street there both in town and close to everything. Would never go to another hotel clean friendly and also help when you need it. :-)

• Stayed: November 2011
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Scotty
Thank you for your feedbacks and I am greatful you took the time to post a review about your last stay at our hotel Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street. I am glad to hear you have had a good stay and I will definitely pass on your comments to all my team. We all look forward to welcome you again very soon.
Wishing you a lovely weekend
Jorge otero

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Not much you can say about this hotel, but it is good value, well located and clean.

Pay for the breakfast - its good and there is plenty of it - all you can eat.

My only criticism is the broadband provider for the internet access. Its Orange France - not even Organge UK. Why not have something british that we can all access.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay at our Ibis hotel Manchester Centre Princess Street. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedbacks and I am glad to hear that your stay went well. We all look forward to seeing you back with us.
Best Regards

Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stayed in the Ibis Manchester Charles Street for business in September 2012. I have had the most terrible time I have ever in a hotel in my life. The room not only is run down, with the bathroom door almost rotting, and the carpet coming of the floor but also with great luck of cleaning services and manners! I have not had the floor of my room cleaned once for the 5 days I was there. The soap was not refreshed and I also found it with a blood stain on one occasion. The floor has so much dust I took a picture of it (it is at least one centimetre high). The drain of the shower does not work properly. The dirty glassware, spoons and coaster are not changed in the room. Do you want more? Because I have!!!! The experience was terrible and I never received an apology! I am shocked at the services and the behaviour of the stuff. NEVER STAYING IN AN IBIS AGAIN! I only gave a rating of one for this hotel, simply because I cannot give -100!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in that hotel! Simply do not use it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Eleftheria,
Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business with us at Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you have had with our team not being up to the customer service standards we pride to deliver in Ibis. As I have explained you by e-mail we will be investigating the points that you have arised and actions will be put in place to prevent such an event to happen again.
Best Regards

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed here for a total of 4 nights on two occasions in August! staff very helpfull and pleasant.Accomodation spotlessly clean. great location for town.never ate here but menu looked great. parking accross the road is only 2 pounds all day sat and sunday great value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Gary,
Many thanks to you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay at the hotel Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street. I am glad to hear that your stay went well, and I will share your feedback with all of my team. We all look forward to seeing you soon with us! Best Regards. Jorge

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Hotel is both close to the city center and the Piccadilly train station (it takes about 10 minutes on foot). Hotel staff are helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean and designed as standard Ibis Hotel rooms. Buffet Breakfast is not included in the room rates and you have to pay for it seperately. I advise you to pay for the breakfast one night berfore since you get a discounted price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedbacks and I am greatful you took the time to post a review about your last stay at our hotel Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street. I am glad to hear you have had a good stay and I will definitely pass on your comments to all my team. We all look forward to seeing you soon at the hotel! Many thanks.