I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at the University of Manchester in early July 2013. The hotel had air conditioning, free wifi, in room tea service, decent breakfast, easy access from two different train stations, reasonably comfortable beds, very soundproof windows, reasonable walk to the center of the city and to a variety of attractions, plenty of restaurants within walking distance, and a nearby car park. It is a budget hotel, but it perfectly nice and well equipped....and well staffed with employees skilled at customer service.
A few tips or observations:
1. Oxford Road Station is the closest rail station (5 min walk), but it does not have lifts while it *does* have lots of stairs. If you have heavy bags, you might want to choose Piccadilly instead (10-12 min walk). Don't pay attention to the Google directions if you're walking, walk down Granby Row for a more direct route to the hotel.
2. The bed is pretty darned firm...too firm for me, but I nevertheless got a good night's sleep each night I was there.
3. I was on the train side, but once that window was shut, I could barely hear more than an ever so slight rumble.
4. I was there for 4 nights. Only one night was there a glitch with the air conditioning when it did not work well.
5. The Indian restaurant (East Z East) next to the hotel was very good and a very nice restaurant (not a place to pop in with jeans and a t-shirt!)
6. The free wifi was perfectly good enough for what I needed; there was no need for me to purchase the faster connection.
7. Yeah, the mushrooms were still tinned and the eggs were a bit crumbly. But the breakfast was fine....I was pleasantly full each morning when I went off to my conference. The staff were attentive, refilling items that were out. Yes, fresh sauteed mushrooms and maybe some tomatoes would have been great...a veg meat option, too, but again, I thought the breakfast was okay.
Great value...If I have a conference at the uni again, I would not hesitate to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel is located on the corner of Princess St and Charles St, 5 minute walk from the heart of Manchester City Centre. Located next to the Manchester Conference Centre, the BBC & the Universities, the hotel is an excellent base whether visiting Manchester on business or for leisure. The Nightpsots of Canal St and bustling China Town are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Hotel Manchester
- Hotel Ibis Manchester
- Ibis Manchester
- Manchester Ibis