“great value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
An Accor traveller
Reviewed 15 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed 10 August 2013

The staff in this hotel are nice. The wifi is now free (well, the slow version). The room was clean. I like the new Ibis 'Sweet Bed'. The broken shower hose was replaced when I notified them. However, I would say that the towels smell peculiarly, somewhat like tortilla chips. Also, I think the cleaners do not realise that the cover for the shower drain in the bathroom pod is not a plug and should not be removed, which then unfortunately lets smells into the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your last experience with us. I am delighted my team went all the way to help you, and I will thank them on your behalf. I will also liaise with my housekeeping regarding the points you have mentionned. We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon at the hotel! Many thanks, Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I booked this hotel due to it being next to the Conference centre where I was attending a two day conference. I arrived on the Sunday night to find that I had to pay for the wi-fi internet for that night, altough the hotel was moving to free wi-fi for the next night! I had to go online and connect to Orange France and pay for the Wi-fi by credit card, the system then told me my payment had crashed so I had to go through it all again. Then once i had the wi-fi the signal was rubbish and each time the signal disappeared I had to go through the whole logon procedure every time. I went to reception and explained my predicament and the guy at the desk basically couldn't care less, it wasn't his problem and as it wasn't the 'hotel wi-fi' he couldn't do anything about it.
My room was not overly clean, bathroom and bed were clean which was most important but there were dirty stains on the carpet and the bench seat cushion and also a thick layer of dust on the floor around the en-suite pod.

The breakfast in the morning had a good selection but it had to be eaten from a plate the size of a teaplate (i suppose this was to prevent people eating more than their fair share?!) and these were the only plates provided (everyone was using them)

Overall, my experience was poor, the staff were uninterested and unhelpful throughout my stay and on returning home, i found that I had paid for the wi-fi twice and when i have tried to pursue a refund it was fruitless!!

I have stayed at other Ibis hotels that have been far better than this one, it seems that others have had better stays than i did, maybe i was unlucky with the staff and the problems i encountered, but that is no excuse for the dirty room. (I did request to be moved, and the room I was moved to had the worst smell coming from the toilet, so I moved back!)

I did sleep well in the bed as it was clean and comfy and the hotel overall was quite peaceful, no slamming doors at night or in the morning which was great.

I suppose you get what you pay for, but I would have expected more for the money i paid!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your last review. I am terribly sorry to hear our Ibis hotel were not up to your standard. I would like to inform you I am taking in consideration all your above remarks, and my team and I will definitely work on them to improve our service and product. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again very soon. Many thanks, Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have stayed in a number of the Ibis chain and this branch was just no up to scratch!! The smell of the drains took over the room whenever the bathroom was opened. The decor needs modernising as the paint was chipped and cracked in places. They only have one available iron downstairs in the entire building. The staff were very friendly and accommodating but I will not be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your last review. I am terribly sorry to hear our Ibis hotel were not up to your standard. I would like to inform you we are going under a light refurbishment in our rooms to ensure a maximum confort to all of our guests. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again very soon. Many thanks, Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our four-night stay at this Ibis (two weeks ago) very much indeed. This is a budget hotel, but one with high standards of quality and service. The room was small but modern, well designed, and very clean, and the breakfast was large and tasty. When we had a problem (the soap dispenser in the shower was broken), they fixed it immediately. And in fact the staff could not have been more welcoming, more efficient, or more eager to please. If we return to Manchester, we will certainly stay at this hotel. It gives great value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Guest: I hope you have had a great weekend. It is great to have such a positive feedback ,about your last stay with us! I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us, and we are looking forward welcoming you back very soon! Jorge Otero -General Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed here on the hottest day of the year so far and was looking forward to cooling off after a long journey in an air conditioned room. Imagine my annoyance when it transpired that I was in one of several rooms where the air con wasn't working. Hotel did supply iced water and an electric fan but I do feel they shouldn't...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Laury: Many thanks for taking the oportunity to give us your feedback on your stay with us, and glad that you have enjoyed it. I have also taking up the comments that you mention and I will forwrad them to the maintenance engineer.We are looking forward welcoming you back very soon! Jorge Otero -General Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I just returned from nine days in Manchester, and had an excellent stay at the Ibis. It's not fancy, and a little shabby in places, but everything was clean and safe and pleasant. The staff in particular were outstanding -- there were a number of unusual things I needed to buy while I was in town, and the folks working the front desk always made time to help me find them. I will definitely make my reservations here again when I return to Manchester.

Room Tip: Bring a grounded outlet adapter if you have a laptop or other appliance with a grounded plug -- the...