“Weekend in Manchester”

Ranked #46 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
jlblondon
“Weekend in Manchester”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My partner and i had a weekend in Manchester. Hotel is in good location close to shopping area and the bars of canal street. Reception staff were friendly and helpful.
Only issue was with room, this was not cleaned properly only bed made nothing else cleaned or wiped down. Rubbish was not removed from the room.
Bathroom door did not close and bathroom light was flickering. Only one lift working all weekend and on Saturday both lifts broke although this was fixed by Sunday.
Not impressed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
IbisManchester, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in our hotel. I very sorry that your room was not on our usual standards on this occasion. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced. At the same time I was very pleased to read how friendly and helpful you found my colleagues.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards
Ioannis Koletakis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Went with my son to visit University Of Manchester and had to stay over the night before for early start the next day. We chose the hotel based on proximity to the university as we wanted to walk in. The hotel is absolutley fine, the room comfortable (although the aircon/heater fan was rather noisy). The reception team were really excellent, and could not do enough to help. If Manchester is the final choice we will certainly be using this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisManchester, Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words, I was very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also very glad that our team demonstrated to you how much we care about our guests, the hotel and our company reputation.

In regards to the Air cooling system, I have passed your comment to our Maintenance engineer which since have solve the issue.

I will be very pleased to welcome you back in ibis Manchester Portland Street on your next visit in Manchester.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

No rooms when checked in sent to a dirty room, rate increased in line with Robbie Williams Concert advertising a room rate of £52.00 cost £89.00 ???. No sleep due to road noise and party goers , still waiting for a manager call back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! four days later

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay in ibis Manchester Portland Street. I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness.

It was a pleasure to discuss those matters over the phone. I am sure you will agree that we have tried our best to make amendments on the issues you brought to our attention.

In regards to our prices, I appreciate that it might be perceived as not “budget”; however, there were still very competitive and in many instance half of other 4-star hotels in the same location.
Once again, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have faced during your stay.

preston
Reviewed 23 June 2013

we visited here when we went to see bon jovi and rod stewart stayed two night was nice staff helpful and friendly,rooms was lovely and bed was so comfy. very central for both occasions as one was at the etihad and the other m.e.n. Subway next door and a cracking curry house across the road,Would stay again just i cant see why hotels are a allowed to up prices when someone big is in the city, we tried for robbie williams and it was 200.00 what is that all about, But i would recommend this hotel we went to canal street for a drink great place for a drink, food at the ibis is lovely the breakfast was just great. All in all a clean and great hotel,xx

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to Manchester and your stay at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street.

Once again thank you for your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Manchester again very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Very clean and check in was smooth and straightforward(thanks to the receptionist!), when we first arrived TV was broken but that was quickly resolved. Free tea amd coffee and bed was comfortable. My only issue is the fact the WiFi is not actually free and I had to use my iphone for Internet connection. All in all a good stay! Would return for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for telling us how much you have enjoyed your stay with us. I was very sad to read that your television was not in working order at first. In the meantime, I am glad that the team has made their utmost to solve this issue quickly.

Furthermore, I am very pleased to confirm that ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street is, since yesterday, providing free Wi-Fi access throughout the whole hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel on your next visit in Manchester.

Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Beds are very comfortable and everything was clean and neat. Location is perfect, it is not luxorious but confortable and everythng around check in/out worked fine. Truly good value for money! We were very satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay in ibis Manchester Portland Street. It is always a pleasure for our team to read that our commitment to customer care is appreciated.

Once again thank you for your review and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
leeds
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed here with a friend for a girls night out in Manchester, fantastic value, clean, fantastic location on Portland Street right in the centre of Manchester. Hotel staff very helpful, I left my perfume in the room, I contacted the hotel the following day and they emailed me straight back to say they had the perfume and would post it out to me or keep it for me to collect......I have re-booked for August..........good enough excuse to go back!! :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your kind thoughts. My team and I are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in August.