Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street
REM Hotel(Manchester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
1,769 results
All reviewsportland streetcentral locationq parkcomfortable bedmain roadshower roomwould stay againpalace theatreshort stayone night staycar parknight's sleeppiccadilly stationnoiseearplugskettleconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Have been here a lot of times and this ibis is very good.
There are new beds who are much better than the old ones .
The breakfast is also very good and the staff are very helpful.

The Bar is nice and you can buy snacks to all night long.

The strange thing is everytime i have been here one elevator has been out of order =)

Friday and saturday nights it can be very noisy from Portland street so if you don't want any noice in the night please ask for a room to the Backyard.

I will be back for sure then it is a great Hotel with many Manchester City fans from Scandinavia who stay here =)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
IbisManchester, Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you so much for your loyalty to ibis.

I was very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Furthermore, I would like to thank you very much for you nice review.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back at ibis Manchester Portland Street very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have just had a very disappointing stay at this Ibis hotel. The hotel itself it the usual Ibis style, so the rooms are small but functional (the beds are very comfortable) but this was let down by poor maintenance - the curtains in my room were broken and didn't close properly and the standard of the décor was poor and there was a strange food smell in the corridors which I think emanated from a local Indian restaurant.

Check-in was a bit chaotic, I was the only person there at the time but the receptionist didn't really seem to know what she was doing and failed to notice that I had prepaid for breakfast and tried to charge me for it again. I decided to eat in the hotel on my first night as it was late and I was tired but again service was very slow (and I was the only person in there!) which meant the meal was unnecessarily drawn out.

Breakfast was OK, usual Ibis fare, but the staff were very poor at cleaning the tables so when I arrived I had to clear a table myself in order to sit down.

I appreciate that the Ibis chain is a the more budget end of the market but I have stayed in quite a few over the years and this one just fell quite short in the customer service department.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street.
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I would like to confirm that we have taken note of your comments which we have since addressed.

Kind regards,

An Accor traveller
Reviewed 4 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Walking in to a hotel room with an open window always makes me suspicious - and I was right to be. Over the course of the next couple of hours the unmistakable smell of urine steadily increased to the point of being offensive.

Other points:
- great location
- breakfast overpriced at £8 extra
- corridors very reminiscent of student hall accommodation
- friendly staff
- clean room
- usual hypocrisy about not washing towels to save the environment (i.e. profit), but disposable plastic cups etc

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

In the meantime, I am pleased to see that you found our Team to be friendly and our hotel to be well located.

Accor's sustainable development strategy, PLANET 21, which was launched in April 2012, defines 21 commitments and ambitious goals the hotels must meet by 2015 and includes a program to inform guests and employees and encourage them to contribute to reinventing hotels, sustainably.
In addition, in May 2013, Accor Hotels in UK launched their agro-forestry partnership with Pur Project to mark the first anniversary of PLANET 21. So far, thanks to the laundry savings generated by the Plant for the Planet program, Accor hotels have funded the planting of 3 million trees worldwide.

Yours sincerely,