Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street
REM Hotel(Manchester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
1,769 results
All reviewsportland streetcentral locationq parkcomfortable bedmain roadshower roomwould stay againpalace theatreshort stayone night staycar parknight's sleeppiccadilly stationnoiseearplugskettleconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2013

stayed with a hen party in oct 2013 great hotel friendy staff our stay was made just great by andy he sorted out the whole group from start to finish made sure we had everything we had for our stay could not fault him one bit if you need to book rooms at the hotel speak to andy he will sort you out the bar and resturant great could not fault this hotel one bit will deffo stay hear again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
IbisManchester, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Emma,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am delighted you had a fantastic Hen Party and very happy that our team member, Andy demonstrated good customer service to make your stay enjoyable.
I will pass your comments to Andy who will be delighted with your kind words. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.
Kind Regards, Clare Doyle

Reviewed 3 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisManchester, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Reviewed 3 November 2013

If the room I stayed in is anything to go by, then this hotel is in serious need of modernisation. Sure the hotel lobby looks clean and very IKEA like, but that is about as far as it goes. My room was shabby looking to say the least, with dated artex walls and ceiling. The bed had no fitted sheets and comprised of a duvet on a mattress with another duvet as the cover. The curtains were held together using what looked like velcro.

The Pièce de résistance of the room was the bathroom, which I can only describe as a portaloo with a built in shower and a ghastly green sink. The TV isn't wide screen either, which surprised me in this day and age given how cheap they are.

For me the worst aspect of my stay was the noise, as our room was overlooking the street. You can hear every single hen party, drunk, ambulance, etc. I had to keep checking through out the night to see if the window had fallen open as it like that.

Never ever will I use IBIS hotels again.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Manchester City Centre, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

The hotel is currently in process of refurbishment and the rooms have already had brand new comfy beds with memory foam mattresses which have had fantastic feedback. The next phase is to paint and replace the carpets in each bedroom, which I can confirm has already started.

As for the noise from the street I can only apologise as we are situated in the city centre and sometimes its beyond our control.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Friendly staff on check-in. Got to the room which was ok; nothing special but had everything you needed, i.e bed, toilet, shower, kettle. We stayed in room 111 which is on the first level and looks out onto the main road (Portland Street). The windows did keep out most of the street noise but was woken during the night from people walking past and shouting. The main problem was how thin the walls were and the noise coming from the corridors above. A group of girls came back to their room at about midnight and they were 2 rooms down from ours and we could hear them talking and laughing!! The noise above; well, everybody walking along the corridor must have been heavy footed or it was just flooring 'cos I thought they were going to come through the ceiling!.

All in all would I stay again? Thought it was a bit overpriced at £56 so probably not!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road, if not one available ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay however I apologise for noise you experienced during your stay.

Please look out for our special promotional rates on our website for your future bookings as Accor offers most of the time very competitive rates especially in the city centre.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 October 2013

One benefit of a brand like Ibis is you know it is a good value option with clean and comfortable rooms. The Manchester Centre branch was no different.

However, I did find it odd that I had to fill in a registration form (manually) when I checked in as the hotel should already have had all of my contact details as I booked on-line via the Accor site as a registered user. My expectation is for a printed registration form where I just check my details are correct. Perhaps one economy too far.

Apart from that small niggle we enjoyed our stay - particularly the free entertainment watching our fellow guests trying to access the hotel after their evening out. Not sure why they found it so difficult to swipe your room card to open the door.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you your feedback. I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding the our levels of cleaningness and how comfortable your stay was with us.

In regards to our booking in procedures we are in process off updating our system to automatically provide a registration card with the guests detail.This will be less time consuming for both hotel and guest.

Once again thank you for your feedback and looking forward to welcome you back at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street again very soon.

Kind Regards