Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street
REM Hotel(Manchester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
1,765 results
All reviewsportland streetcentral locationq parkcomfortable bedmain roadshower roomwould stay againpalace theatreshort stayone night staycar parknight's sleeppiccadilly stationnoiseearplugskettleconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I Recently had a work commitment in Manchester and stayed at this Hotel. Bang in centre, great location. I almost extended my stay immediately as when I arrived in the reception area, the Happy Mondays were being played, (not too loudly, just perfect as is expected in one of the coolest cities around). The room was just as expected, clean and ready for a quick change of clothes. The staff were very friendly, and efficient, I had a very difficult booking arrangement that was dealt with easily. Only one problem I could report is the parking, not particularly exclusive to Manchester, but a problem non the less. I asked where I could park my car for the evening and was told that I could park and was directed to the local "Q" car park for 24 hours and be charged £10 for the night, on collecting my car I was charged £20. The Hotel was ideal for a short stay, and if I get back to Manchester, it is on my list.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil G
IbisManchester, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Neil,

Thank you for your great comments in regards to your stay with us at Ibis Manchester Centre. I apologise that you were charged £20.00 at the car park, however you can report this directly to the Q Park who would be more than happy to organise the correct charges.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night last night, as part of my 30th birthday celebrations. The check in staff were really friendly, Roberto checked us in and he was really good, showing us the best directions on the map for where we wanted to go. The room was basic but clean. It had everything we needed for the night. The bed was so comfy, although the pillow was too high for me. Bathroom was on the small side but ok for the night. Would definitely recommend here for a cheap stop over. Only 10 mins walk to city centre for Arndale, Piccadilly Gardens etc. Also had reduced car parking rates for the Q Park Piazza, directly behind the hotel. The only problem we encountered was the noise from the street. Our room was overlooking the main road on floor 2. Early hours in the morning there was terrible noise coming from groups of drunken people. Could do with double glazing!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not overlooking the main road, and higher up to avoid early hours drunken revellers.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy P
IbisManchester, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you Amy P for your great comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your birthday celebrations with us at Ibis Manchester Centre and I will be sure to pass on your comments to Roberto. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We usually stay in an ibis hotel where ever we go unless we want to do really cheap or really expensive. This ibis on Portland street didn't disappoint! Really nice, polite and friendly staff. Great position, 10 minute walk from Piccadilly station, or 3 minute free bus service, what a great idea by the way! Hotel was very clean, comfortable bed, had more coffee sachets when needed, what more do you want for a short stay. For a great breakfast, we never have their breakfasts, is the Moose Coffee house, in New York Street, about a 5 minute walk! A plate full of Canadian or American type food at reasonable prices! Fully stuffed afterwards!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Peter L

Thank you for your great feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Manchester centre in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for just 1 night for a birthday night out. Check-in was quick and easy. Booked a twin room for me and my friend. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Ideal location for where we wanted to go. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicola P

Thank you for your fantastic feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Manchester Centre and you had a fabulous birthday. We look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed one night to attend function at nearby Midland Hotel (having declined their discounted rate down from £175 to £125 for B&B). Check-in a bit slow due to large group arriving slightly before us. Information at check-in was sufficient and clear. Room was adequate,clean and spacious. Shower room was perfectly adequate. Previous reviews had highlighted lack of air-con. Our's didn't work. I suspect this is a financial decision to avoid the running costs hoping that most customers are staying one night and will put up with the inconvenience. Had a nightcap and found bar prices to be reasonable for city centre hotel.
Overall a comfortable stay in a great, central location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colin_and_Gilly
IbisManchester, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your vauable feedback. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Manchester Centre. I have taken on your comments in regards to our air cooling units and all units are maintained on a regular basis and apologise that yours was not working.

We hope you will choose us once again for your next visit to Ibis Manchester Centre.