“Did its job!”

Ranked #46 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
England
“Did its job!”
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Stayed for one night with husband in a special internet price room of £42.70. Ideally placed for Palace Theatre. Car Park close by but pricey £17.20 for 24 hours. Receptionist very pleasant, got confused with booking and tried to charge for room when it had already been paid for, but quickly sorted this out,. Hotel under refurbishment, which was apologised for on a notice in lift! Room smelled awful. Paint fumes. We were going out straight away so left window open. It had cleared somewhat by time we got back. There was no waste bin or hairdryer. There were only two "bath" towels which were only slightly bigger than hand towels. The bed looked and initially felt very hard but was in fact quite comfortable, although we only had two pillows. Room was very clean, not a speck of dust. Bathroom like a plastic pod. Good shower. Next morning, another receptionist again tried to charge for room and broadband that we had not used! She quickly and pleasantly sorted this out. I can't comment on the food as we did not eat here. I would possibly stay again if I got the same price, but would not pay any more. Finally,the staff were friendly, the room was ok, but this hotel would not be my first choice.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sopelana
Reviewed 20 March 2009

I've never been in Manchester and tried Ibis before. As me and my friends didn't know anything about the city we wanted to find a hotel in the city center close to the restaurants, bars, clubs...

When we arrived at the hotel we checked in within 5 minutes. The lady at the reception was very friendly and we enjoyed a nice chat with her. She explained where we could go out, have dinner, visit....without even asking!!

Next morning when we came down for the breakfast we realised it was finished. We though it was still on and we explained so to the waitress and he very nicely gave us some stuff to take into our room.

Also as our train back to home was late, they late us having a late check out.

Thank U very much for a lovely weekend!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Oslo
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I've stayed at Ibis many times since august, and i'm very happy with the hotel. Last time i stayed there was 4 nights in mars 2009. I dont have any bad things to say about the hotel and the staff. Been very happy with everything every time. Will juse Ibis everytime i'm in Manchester. I juse to travel with a large group of people on every trip, and everyone is very happy with this hotel. Have to say that i've stayed at many hotels in Manchester over the years, but ibis is my favourite hotel in Manchester.

+ Very early check in (This is very important for me personaly, and i think its fantastic)
+ Very nice and helpful staff
+ Very clean!
+ Perfect location
+ Good food, and 24/7 open bar.

Stay at Ibis :)

• Stayed March 2009
london
Reviewed 3 March 2009

I was caught up in the bad weather ( snow ) that affected the country bring everything to an apparent standstill including the trains i had to cancel my booking and re booked for this stay , it was initally a non refundable booking and i felt a bit robbed when through no fault of my own i could not get to manchester .Thankfully the customer relations department and hotel manager were understanding ,helpful and flexable and allowed me to re book an no extra cost that to me is excellent customer service and ensures that i will always use ibis in the future!.
A friendly welcome when i arrived and recieved my key after a brief regristration .the room was very basic but what id expected , fairly well sound proofed, carpet was a bit dirty but acceptable , i would recomend taking up the media package at ibis this includes movies and internet good value for money , there are a few things a could moan about regarding the room but quite frankly aftter the great service a recieved regarding my booking all i can say is that i was satisfied with the hotel and as i stated earlier will stay there again

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
London UK
Reviewed 9 January 2009

A colleague and I stayed here on 08.09.2008. The hotel's reception is tired and there's an air of grubbiness about the place. Staff are robotic. Upon arrival in his allocated room my colleague went to make himself a hot drink. He quickly changed his mind when he found that somebody had urinated in the kettle!!

When this was reported to management the follow day, there was an arrogant unwillingness to believe that this could have happened. No apology was forthcoming let alone any suggestion on compensation/refund.

More generally the bedrooms are nothing to write home about. Beds are very hard and uncomfortable. Low-end bed linen and pillows. Bathroom is a sort of capsule affair yet clean and tidy. Decent power shower. Poor noise insulation so bring earplugs.

Breakfast is a miserable experience. Sour staff serve plastic processed food most of which had run out by 7.45 am. Hot drinks are via a machine and all it's offerings tasted pretty much the same.

You can do better for the price in Manchester so will not return.

• Liked — It's central location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank caseypaul
manchester
Reviewed 18 November 2008

Check in was awful it took them nearly half an hour the staff was really rude to me they didn’t have a clue what they was doing in the slightest. The cleaners tried coming into my room at 9.30am when I had a do not disturb sign on my door. I placed a complaint about the staff and the manager didn’t seem interested what so ever. That was my first time there and i'm positive that will be the only time I ever stay there!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stubum999
Halifax
Reviewed 7 October 2008

This is a fab hotel - right in the middle of Manchester, staff are friendly and helpful and speak lots of languages. The rooms are lovely, beds are very comfy and the shower room is a wet room - fab - with lovely power shower and loads of room. Everything's clean and you can order food and drinks to take to your room at very competitive prices - the £11.95 white wine is yummy!We ordered blockbuster movies for £9.99 and could watch as many as we liked, as well as unlimited broadband for the whole period of our stay. We only stayed one night but would have liked to have stayed longer! If you are going to Manchester and want a reasonably priced hotel (£66 per room per night)  with a great continental breakfast (£5.50), book here!

• Liked — In the centre of Manchester
  • Disliked — the rude French guy who pushed in front of us at reception
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)