1,885 results
All reviews portland street central location q park comfortable bed main road shower room would stay again short stay gay village palace theatre one night stay car park night's sleep piccadilly station noise earplugs kettle
Reviewed 14 November 2017

one of the clean, great and lovely ibis hotels
great location in Manchester city center
small cozy hotel and nicely furnished rooms and lobby.
i recommend for anyone value the good quality and hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisManchester3142, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear Abdullah688

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Manchester Centre. Book direct through ibis.com for best available rates and price guarantee. We look forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

This hotel generally keeps up a good standard with well kept rooms which are in very good condition and has some nice touches such as the ear plugs for those who don't like the city sounds (which were barely perceptible). On the whole very good though breakfast (which is basic but good) can be a bit confusing/too busy as the reception/dining area doesn't seem to be big enough. Extremely good location, super central.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
IbisManchester3142, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear LeeXuereb,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am pleased that your stay was generally to your satisfaction. I have made note of your feedback regarding the breakfast space and will be discussing with our team for improvement. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Revamped front office, bar and restaurant areas very pleasant although can be very busy at certain times and confusing. Staff willing to help. Not sure about changes to breakfast! Overall a good trip in a very central location.

Dear Antoinette_Caruana

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I am pleased that you found the hotel team friendly. I have taken note of your feedback regarding the layout and we can confirm that necessary works are carried out for smoother operation. We look forward to welcoming you in the future soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

This is a quirk new style of hotel. There is no reception and you are checked in on a mobile phone.

Firstly the negatives:
1. The shower leaks out over the rest of the bathroom 'pod' and can be very slippy.
2. The carpets are not the cleanest.
3. The bedroom window didn't open.
4. The heating didn't work and the room was cold (still waiting on someone to fix it)
5. Staff don't seem to actually care about customers
6. Breakfast is not worth the money. There is no fruit, there is only cheap cornflakes, granola, toast (using cheap bread which when toasted is like melba toast), yoghurt has been sitting out and is warm and the Danish buns are all greasy. Id you want cooked you have to pay extra - which I decided wasn't worth trying.
7. Prices for dinner include offers, however on the two nights I was staying the staff tried to charge me full price and only I mentioned the meal deal did I get the discount.
8. I left a pair of straighteners behind and contacted the hotel - I am still awaiting a reply - they said they would contact me.
9. I was quoted £90 for one of my nights and I was charged £99 after the staff member starting at £112 which I contested.

Positives:
1. The beds are extremely comfortable.
2. The hotel is very well situated.

I would not rush back to stay at this hotel.

I

Room Tip: Don't go for breakfast - buy it outside

Dear Lou45

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I am very disappointed to learn that your experience was not up to your expectation. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on h3142-gm@accor.com to discuss the matter further.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

The staff could not have done enough, all with a smile. Friendly, accommodating and gracious. Breakfast was hearty and delicious. My room was comfortable and quiet, perfect for my few days in Manchester. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on business.

Dear Svrg,

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Manchester Portland Street and found our team friendly, gracious and always with smile. I am also pleased that it met your business needs. We cannot wait to welcome you soon at the hotel.