“A wonderful discovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Papa G's - CLOSED

Papa G's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chorley, United Kingdom
“A wonderful discovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I went shopping to Manchester yesterday for holiday clothes for our greek holiday in September. We had never been to Greece until last year and fell instantly in love with all aspects of it. We had been shopping all day and decided to stop for something to eat. We went in the Printworks looked at the menus and just as I was expecting the usual food from the same predictable chains we stumbled upon the menu for Papa Gs.
We went inside and got a lovely warm welcome. The food and drink where outstanding although having never been before the portion sizes caught us out and we over ordered. I felt embarrassed leaving such wonderful food. All the staff were very friendly. The restaurant and the atmosphere were lovely.
I think it's the best meal out I've ever had. I can't wait to return.

“Over rated for me...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I love my food more than the next bug guy... and I had heard so many or so called RAVE reviews about this place... but for me it was pretty shocking.

I love greek food, Its always cheap, tasty and plentiful on the plate... but to me Papa G's was the complete opposite.

Mixed grill kebab, i was expecting maybe 2 or 3 Kebabs, or at least some mammoth sized Kebab... all I got was one piece of each on a stick, placed on the bread with a half a potato converted into the worlds Fattest chips!... £18 for that, times that by a family of 3 with drinks and I've essentially paid the best part of £70 for 3 kebabs, bread and 1 and half potatoes with some cold drinks...

The food was a little tasteless, but some of the sauce suggestions that the waiter recommended did the meat justice!...

To me it was over rated and over priced, especially with the wide choice that Manchester has to offer...

• Visited July 2014
“Efficient service and superb food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We couldn't be further away from the beautiful islands but sitting in this restaurant all that's missing is the sun on your back and the sound of gentle waves lapping on the beach. The authentic music helps provide the perfect atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

“always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

my friends and i come to papa g's regularly when we go into manchester,and it's one of our faves! food is lovely,great pinot grigio rose,decent cocktails selection,good central location and great staff,who always acknowledge us as regulars,which is lovely!

• Visited June 2014
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a cracking restaurant. I am a regular to this restaurant and have always had excellent food and very warm and friendly service in a nice surrounding. They are great for parties christmas doos and meals with friends and family so everything. I would advice to book a table especially when there is an event on at the arena. The souvlaki is superb and the chunky chips are fantastic. The bar offers some nice cocktails aswel, and portions of food are a good size. You will not come away hungry. Highly recommend to anyone who has not tried. Located opposite the cinema in the print works. If it looks busy don't let this put you off as there is seating upstairs aswel.

Enjoy