“Good Greek Food”
Review of Papa G's - CLOSED

Papa G's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Good Greek Food”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was taken here by a couple of work colleagues whilst in Manchester. My first experience of Papa G's and one which I will remember. The place was very quiet so we got an attentive waiter (possibly the owner) who had shared some light banter with the group. I had the Mixed Grill Souvlaki which brought back fond memories of Rhodes in the 80's. I will be returning.

• Visited August 2014

“Early lunch”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Went for a quick lunch before heading home from Manchester. Was fairly quiet but the service was still brilliant and not too in your face. Food was lovely. The sesame halloumi was gorgeous. Will definitely go again because it wasn't too expensive and nice food.

“Outstanding”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Went to papa g's last night with friends for a meal for my birthday. The food was amazing, I had chicken souvlaki which was gorgeous, other half had mixed souvlaki and friends had steaks. All of us were blown away by how nice the food was. The staff are great, everyone sang happy birthday to me and they brought over a drink with a candle to blow out. When were leaving all the waiters came over to shake our hands and thank us for coming, one of them was busy but came chasing us outside to say goodbye. You just don't get this kind of service often, you can tell it's a family run restaurant. I will 100% be back next time I'm in manchester, it was outstanding!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent greek meal, excellent friendly service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We picked this restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised. The menu and restaurant looked good but it exceeded our expectations. The food was tasty and well presented, a great variety of interesting items. The service was very friendly and efficient - we had a good chat with the maitre d' about the family business. An excellent dinner and well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2014
Biddulph, United Kingdom
“Light lunch ”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Pretty empty but to be expected midweek early lunch. I had salmon salad. Salmon was over cooked and portion size small. Imagine from a large catering pack of frozen fillets. Salad was fresh and enough of it. Service was fine. I think if you choose correctly then you will get good food. Don't bother with the salmon.