“Took 30+ Minutes to get checked no Hot Water or heating - Unprofessional service”

and 1 more site!
The Little Northern Hotel
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Took over 30+ Minutes to get checked in then discovered no Hot Water or heating.
Meant to be staying at this Pub/hotel but due to overbooking we got moved to the new refurbished rooms at another pub called the Lower Turks Head
The room was nicely decorated and furnished but looked had no private bathroom like we paid for not an issue as there was a shared one outside the door. The room was also cold. There was an unplugged lamp with no power anywhere to plug it in, which made me think that the room had not been finished yet.
When I tried to have a shower I discovered there was no hot water. It appeared there was no hot water at all on the floor as none of the radiators were working either. Reported to Bar maid who said she would tell owner.
Following Morning still no radiators working and no Hot water.
I believe these rooms/apartments were not quite ready to be rented out yet. Its a shame as without the waiting and if we had hot water and heating this would have been a 4 out of 5 for the price which was reasonably cheap.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Little Northern Hotel

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Very loud music from the pub downstairs until 2am. The windows did not stop the noise from the street being heard, which was a lot of noise, until late. There was also a bad smell from the entrance until reaching the room and to get to the back room where we arranged checking in, we had to manoeuvre bags through the main part of a very busy, small pub. Apart from the previously mentioned everything else was satisfactory for the price.

Room Tip: bad experience overall. go somewhere else in the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were told by bar staff there was no room for us cos they had overbooked. However they then changed their tune and and informed us they would get the relevant guy in to sort us out. They then proceeded to continually slate him to each other for not knowing what he was doing which was a touch unprofessional, he eventually turned up but then no one knew how to take a debit card payment but luckily for us we had cash.
The room was like ice, with the both the radiator inlet and outlet lockshield valves being closed which is highly unusual.
There was no remote control for the television and the telly is mounted just below ceiling level which made getting to the switches very difficult every time we wanted to change the channel or the volume.
We then went to make a nice warm brew to try to warm up, boiled the kettle, put the tea bags in the cups, poured the water but unfortunately then found out there was no milk.
The mattress springs constantly squeaked any-time I moved throughout the night so not a good nights sleep whatsoever.
The next morning I was using what appeared to be quite a nice modern shower(we paid extra for the privilege of an en suite facility) but just as I had myself covered in soap and shampoo, the water flow stopped accompanied by lots of flashing lights and beeping noises from the shower unit but nothing I did could get the water to start flowing again.Then I had to proceed to the smallest sink in the world to try and de-lather myself. The place is a joke.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sgt d
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The room was lovely, nice and bright with clean white linen and fresh towels. The manager couldnt do enoughfor us! It was nice to stay somewhere with a spotless bathroom too. Even though our bathroom was across the hall from our room it was private as only we had the key. The only gripe really is the hotel itself is within a pub and the bar staff seemed a bit reluctant to help at first as there are no signs to the hotel office. Two staff members were squabbling over who was going to help/serve us, so front of house could be improved. Despite this, easy access out of hours and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with en suite or bathroom may be across hall. Make sure to ask for a room with a wind...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lulabob90
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed in worse places for the amount I paid for this.

It was easy to find and close to Pic. train station and the coach station.

First impressions weren't too good, the bar was noisy I was beginning to regret choosing a pub to stay in. Went to the bar and asked where we had to go to check in, we were taken to the dining room through a door at the end of the bar - to get there we had to walk past the male toilets which gave a bad smell to the tiny corridor.

The (I'm assuming) manager was great - the most friendly, enthusiastic person. He showed us to our room, looked around himself and checked everything was ready for us.

The room seemed fine, all clean and very spacious! I was surprised that from the room, you couldn't hear the loud music being played at the bar.

I didn't stay for breakfast so I can't comment on that although I heard it was nice.

Two things - 1. All night until about 10am there was a loud BEEP BEEP BEEP like some sort of alarm, it woke me up a few times.
2. There was no TV remote to switch on the TV.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank rebex9
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Made a phone booking as we have so many times before. We confirmed this again by phone on the day of travel to Mrya. When we got there she told us she never heard of us. No apologies, was rude, ignorant and.out right nasty. We ended up staying in saches which turned out to be cheaper and.far more superior for a triple room.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank MarcoBelfast
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Mira the manager is absolutely delightful and takes a real personal interest. Nice beer in the pub downstairs.

The room was small and above a pub, so it wasn't a quiet evening, though that was fine for a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business