“Poor...”

The Twisted Med
Price range: US$39 - US$63
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Twisted Med restaurant, the team introduce first rate unique Mediterranean cuisine to the town with a taste of Spanish, Italian and Greek influences. The restaurant is based in picturesque Castlefield. Situated where the infamous Barca once stood, The Twisted Med and Bohemia Bar offers a bright, airy and attractive new place to eat in a great location. With the emphasis on exciting taste and a warm and hospitable welcome and very unique way of eating, General Manager, Alessio Muccio, has opened the door to the public for lunches, evening meals and special occasion parties. Alessio, who was born in Sicily, but has lived in the North West for some years has been an enthusiastic chef for many years. He played an integral part of the Living Ventures success story opening a series of the infamous Est Est Est Restaurants, and a longstanding working relationship with San Carlo, has defined him a premier operator in the city. Alessio said to us, “This has been a lifelong ambition come to life. We have the perfect location for an informal and friendly restaurant offering a unique mixture of Mediterranean food. We accomplished what we set out to do which was to create exciting food, deliciously cooked and served in such a way that will be a very unique for people who appreciate high quality Mediterranean food, served to the customer in a very different way. And our customers love it!” As well as offering excellent accommodation for tailor-made parties and celebrations, The Twisted Med Restaurant will also host music and events in the coming months. Alessio has told us there are many more exciting things to come from The Twisted Med. The head Chef Steven Smith an associate drafted by Alessio, from the award winning Stock restaurant in Manchester, is an asset to the Twisted Med team, with his vast knowledge of Mediterranean food with a variety of influences he has created some of Manchester’s best signature dishes. Head Chef Steven said: “I am passionate about food and always have been. I cook with love and start everything from fresh, basic, organic ingredients. My family taught me to cook at home in Cheshire, and European travels have inspired me to experiment with flavours and techniques that you can taste in all my dishes here at The Twisted Med.” The Twisted Med has now focused its attention on everybody’s favourite season. Christmas! So why not book your table now and have your 3 course Christmas dinner this year with a twist. With choices such as Venison Carpaccio and Pan Fried Fillets Seabass on a bed of chorizo and prawn risotto, why go anywhere else. And why not end the year with a night to remember. Celebrate New Year’s Eve with a luxury 4 course meal with mouth-watering choices, along with mind blowing cocktails and entertainment that will keep dancing all night long.
Reviewed 15 February 2013

My boyfriend and I came here on a voucher and were impressed with the location of the restaurant... I am afraid to say that's where the praise ends. We were kept waiting in the lobby for about fifteen minutes (even though we'd booked) Staff were rude, The chef have burnt the steaks and the wine cost a small fortune. Not great really.... The side dishes came with the meals, which were very pricey anyway! Really dont bother with this place, complete waste of time and money!

Reviewed 16 November 2012

This was a terrible night out in Manchester. From the website and the menu, we were promised a great meal in a lovely looking restaurant. We were wrong. The service was slow and they burnt my steak (I ordered it medium-rare and it came out medium-well) but then tried to fob me off saying that it wasn't burnt, it was the balsamic glaze, even though my girlfriend ordered the same thing and it looked completely different! I then had to argue with the chef, who finally gave in and said he would make a fresh one. The sides were then left there, and my girlfriend had to eat alone while I watched her! I would never set foot in this hole again.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Visited a while ago with a Groupon offer as it is fairly close to my home. The food was good but nothing special and if we had paid full price I would have been very disappointed. We paid about half to menu price for the voucher and I would only go back if I had a similar offer. Compared with other similar priced restaurants in Manchester the food was just not at the same quality and definitely not flavorful enough.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

good sized steak although I'd call it 'the rough end of the cow'. Loads of fat to make the weight up.
Friendly staff.
Very nice tasting & fairly cheap wine.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Starters are well presented and freshly prepared.
Shared Surf & Turf platter between 4 people.
Seafood was very poor; lobster was chewy and overcooked (possibly from frozen?) same for scallops, prawns and squid were passable. Fishcakes were cold.
Meat selection fared better, beef was good and cooked to a nice tender pink. Chicken was tender but pretty plain and uninspiring.
Service was good.