“Great place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sakura

Sakura
Ranked #1,668 of 2,185 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
manchester
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Always busy, great reasonably priced drinks, a really good vibe! Good mix of music and people
Staff are lovely and helpful.
one of Manchester's best

Visited August 2013

North Wales, United Kingdom
“Aggressive bouncers! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Appalled that me and my friends booked a VIP table on bank holiday for a friends birthday and paid over £400 for it!

Two girls came over and sat in our booth, when my friend, who's birthday it was, asked one of them to not sit there (as she was suspicious she was drinking our drinks also) she said "I will sit where ever the f*** I want" so it escalated quickly - The girl threw a drink all over my friends new £200 light blue dress so when I had confronted her why she did that her friend got involved, but I turned away. I'm not a fan of confrontation. Then next thing I know I've got a drink poured on my legs!

I wasn't happy about this at all and asked her why did she do that? Then she threw another drink at me! The bouncers saw that there was a problem, I tried explaining, but next thing I know I'M the one getting dragged out, by my arm, where I now have a bruise. And my two guy friends tried helping me, but both ended up with black eyes from the bouncers getting aggressive! Then we had got thrown out and not allowed back in? Then next thing, the other 10 of my friends got asked to leave by the bouncers?! After spending all that money we had only had two hours in there!!!!!!

When we had got thrown out, me and my two friends got talking to a bouncer nearby from another club and he said they had lots of complaints about the bouncers in Sakura.

I've been to Sakura 3 times before and never had a problem, always been a good night and good events but definitely never visiting there again because of the bouncers and I suggest to any one don't go! And if you do, don't spend lots of money there because once they've got your money they don't care about you!!!!

6 Thank pinklady412
cheshire
“Disgusting staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

The new managerial staff are horrendous, a five year old could do better than them, very biased even though we were spending a lot of money at the bar. Avoid where possible, not even worth the disgusting behaviour and unhelpful people that work there, i will not be attending again or associating myself with thieves which get away through staff, highly unprofessional. The manger is not helpful what so ever, please do not go to avoid being upset with theft.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank socialtulip2468
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Gone incredibly downhill!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I used to go here a lot as my friend was a promoter for one of the nights but I didn't go for a while and decided I'd go for my birthday in August. What a mistake that was!

To begin with I had a drink spilt all down my brand new duck egg grey silk dress - we didn't get off to a good start.

Alongside us were a large group of burly men with they're Thai brides who were dancing like it was a strip club. It felt awful to be there but we were determined to have a good time.

We then moved downstairs where it got even seedier, it was really awful! I had arranged VIP for the night, I had emails to confirm it but when we got downstairs they claimed they knew nothing and it was too full. Sorry but you'll turn people away when there's a minimum spend in there? They must be immune to the recession!

I really wouldn't go again, we ended up cutting the night short which was such a shame.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank vgreen188
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Great Music Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Friendly staff, cheap drinks, good night had by all, 2nd visit and will certainly come again, we didn't eat so can't comment on food, we never paid so must have been early

• Visited September 2013