Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena
Abel Heywood(Manchester)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,536 results
All reviewsnorthern quarterbeanscity centrestayed hereeuro car parkhuge showerminute walkfree breakfastsofa bedyogurtthe breakfast areavictoria stationwould stay againmodern hotelsat navbars and restaurantsthe crowne plaza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I live in Manchester but we needed to be in the city centre for one night. My friend recommended and it was a great find. I booked well in advance so got a great deal. Fab value for money. Would go back again and recommend for all.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback on the hotel, I am pleased you found the hotel to be good value for your visit and that would recommend us to your friends, we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stayed recently on business. It was really good value, at £59 for a twin room with 'complimentary breakfast'. The room was great – good size and facilities, hotel spaces clean and tidy, staff friendly and helpful. The room itself didn’t feel budget in any way, although the hotel is only 7 months old – I wonder what it will be like in a few years time…. Check-in took ages (10-15 mins), apparently there were problems with the computers. One lift (of two) was broken throughout my stay, and the hotel was full over 7 floors so it was a little busy. Breakfast was below even budget standard – I would have preferred to pay £10 more for a decent breakfast. There was only a small selection, the breakfast collection area was narrow and crowded, and the few options for cooked food had been out for a while. There is no evening food apart from a vending machine and a small bar. If you are prepared to venture out from the hotel there are a number of ‘non-branded’ restaurants with a 5 minute walk – it looked a bit hit or miss though. The City centre is not much more than a 10 minute walk and obviously lots to do here. Would I stay again – yes, I have already booked. I might have my breakfast in the café round the corner though ;-).

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor. Good views over the City, no noise at all - but if both lifts fail, your stuffed!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments & am glad you found the hotel clean and staff friendly; I was sorry or hear that we had some technical problems during your time with us and that you found breakfast to be below standard. I hope that on your next visit we are able to redeem ourselves

Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband and I had a 2 night stay here and we were so pleased with our trip! The hotel is very new modern and has a lovely feel to it! The lounge area is perfect for a quick drink before exploring Manchester and the self service breakfast has everything you need!

We had a room on the 8th floor and were lucky enough to have amazing views floor to ceiling of Manchester! The shower was powerful and the bathroom great!

the location is superb as turn right out of your hotel and walk straight on to spa satori great place for relaxing and spa treatments then there is the northern quarter with bars and restaurants and great coffee and sandwich shops which you could spend all day in! Fabulous!

turn right and right again and walk past the very handy convienience store, then turn left and you are a short walk from the printworks and the arndale centre and ofcourse the MEN!

All in all fabulous trip I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a short stay in Manchester!

Room Tip: 8th floor has fab views
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lou_sean

Thank you so much for your detailed and positive review of the hotel ,we really hope you visit us again soon

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I found the hotel lovely and clean, bedrooms and bathrooms lovely and fresh. Food could have been better. Staff friendly and helpful. The only problem was we couldn`t find you. It took us 1 and 1/2hrs to find you, adress is missleading. For any future customers please look into making it easier to find.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandra T
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for your excellent feedback, due to the newness of the hotel and surrounding road we do find that some SATNAV systems do not recognise our address so we do give 2 others options apart from our postal address to guests, for the closest Euro car park use M45 FW or for the building next door to the hotel on Swan Street we give M4 5JY with any of these codes you will be able to locate us. We also try to keep our guests up to date on our website with a FIND US option where you can enter your starting point and can print off directions directly to the hotel on the easiest routes. Thank You again for taking the time to review our hotel & we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 13 May 2012

fantastic rooms with ultra modern bathroom. lovely reception staff. the hotel is very big and was full when i stayed, it has a kind of corrider for the breakfast room and it wasnt a big enough area to get breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive feedback on the service & cleanliness here at the hotel, as you noted the breakfast area is quite limited but we are in the process of redesigning the area to make it more efficient & create better flow .