“Good facilities”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena
Ranked #31 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 31 October 2013

A little difficult to find with sat nav as some roads are closed and my sat nav wanted to go the wrong way up some streets.
The hotel is clean and quite well appointed being quite new. Rooms are smallish but big enough for a couple of nights. The shower in our room was very stylish black n white, just like home. Bedding was clean and crisp and made up each day by plesent staff.
Breakfast is good with plenty of choice for short stays but can get busy at about 9ish.
Be careful parking as I got into the wrong one but as I was chatting to the attendant the day before I left he remembered me asking about it and didn't fine me.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as there is some nearby building works

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as it was the most reasonably priced hotel near the men arena. Arrived early and there was a room ready for us.
Staff were pleasant and room was very clean. Free wifi was a bonus.
Bed was a little uncomfortable, very soft and hard to get a good nights sleep.
Overall was a good stay and would recommend it to others if you want to be close to the shopping areas.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We used this hotel as it was close to the Phones4U (formerly MEN) Arena, and found it to be a most suitable and convenient location.
The hotel was up to the normal standards for the chain: clean, comfortable and perfect for short breaks, though not luxurious.
The rooms were very clean, with beds and bedding of high quality. Staff were pleasant. Breakfast was fine, though the sausage and scrambled egg could be better cooked. Parking was nearby and a discounted rate was available to hotel guests. There was free wifi, of a speed which allowed checking emails and browsing the web, but was not adequate for listening to the radio.
Overall, a good value, reliable hotel.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel can be overrun by Chinese or Indians during the week so get to your breakfast early.
Breakfast us free but poor quality sausages and scrambled eggs made from a pre packed mixed make possibly one to miss ... except if you are on a diet!
You get anything missing on your breakfast table with a quick dash to the Spar 10 metres away.
The room is clean and as described on the website. Dont expect anymore.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank You for taking the time to feedback on your stay at the hotel. As a worldwide recognised brand we welcome a mixture of domestic and international travellers. We do have peak times for breakfast and ensure our guests are made aware of this however this is the first time I have been made aware of any guests raising the concern you mention. I am sorry that you found the quality of breakfast to be of a poor standard and you found the hotel to be “average”. We strive to provide an exceptional service at all times and hope that your experience does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I , stayed for one night . Room was excellent , clean and modern , all the facilities needed . If you want to want to stay in Manchester City centre - ideal !!
Buffet breakfast was more than adequate , ideal location ( although we did have some trouble finding it ) , For less then £70 for 2 with Breakfast - Just right !!

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 1 night and was pleased by the location (right near city center), price (<£70 per night), and amenities - English style franks and beans breakfast included, free wifi, and nice modern rooms. For this driving, discounted parking (£7/day) is nearby as part of the hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I'm afraid that I don't like staying in hotels that have no natural ventilation like this one, had I being aware I would not have booked this. It's important for hotels to advise their customers of the type of ventilation available. I was travelling with my wife on a weekend break to Manchester and we both do not like to have the air-conditioning on so we had to endure two nights of being closed in with no natural ventilation. The free-wifi advertiswed all over the hotel is a joke, it's slower than dial-up and useless even for browsing the latest news headlines, if you want "normal" speed access to the web you have to pay. The shower although well appointed had ridiculously poor water pressure that made our washing uncomfortable. And finally the room was aparently a family rpoom with a sofa bed but even so was very small.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel and for your feedback. I am sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations of our hotel. As you have mentioned our windows do not open, there are a few reasons for this but mainly for security & safety. All our rooms are fitted with air-conditioning and there is an extractor in the bathroom which helps remove warm air. You would be happy to hear that we are currently in the process of up grading our free Wi-Fi to even fast speeds in the next few weeks. We normally get very good comments regarding our showers so I was surprised to read this. I have asked my Maintenance team to look into this issue. Once again I am sorry that there were some aspects of your stay you didn't enjoy and hope that they will not deter you from staying with Holiday Inn Express Hotels in the future. Best Regards Michelle