Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena
Hotels.com
US$127
US$115
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
1,535 results
All reviewsnorthern quarterbeanscity centrestayed hereeuro car parkhuge showerminute walkfree breakfastsofa bedyogurtthe breakfast areavictoria stationwould stay againmodern hotelsat navbars and restaurantsthe crowne plaza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Standard hotel very close to the city centre. Really good value - breakfast not really something to go for unless you're in a hurry - otherwise opt for a pub breakfast.
Nice decent new hotel - and really good for being in Manchester.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
AlicjaTaranowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and thank you for your honest feedback. I am happy to read that you found our hotel to be well located and at a good price. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with our breakfast. All Holiday Inn Express properties offer a free continental breakfast with 3 hot options on all our rates. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Dimly lit rooms, rude receptionist who disliked eye contact and refused to acknowledge your wait, poor options for breakfast - watery eggs and beans, poor quality sausage. And all for a price of £179 per room. Shocking and appalling. I wouldn't rate it at more than £70 and that's only because it was clean and in a good location!

• Stayed: May 2014
AlicjaTaranowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. I am very sorry to hear that your expectations were not met. I was shocked to read that you found one of my reception staff to be rude. We often receive fantastic feedback in regards to the staff and their customer service. Should you wish to discuss the matter further please contact me directly at chris.moore@hixmanchester.com Once again thank you for your stay and for the honest feedback.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel had something most hotels don't: a controllable heat/ cool environment. When one turned the thermostat down at night for good sleeping temp, the room actually cooled down, and with a minimum of fan noise! Rooms were clean, quiet and well- appointed. Bathrooms nice and new, shower was large. I would have liked better lighting for putting on makeup and a countertop-high plug in for curling iron. Breakfast was ok not extravagant and staff people were friendly and helpful. Location was great for walking out. A small shoppette was just out the front door.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here with my daughter for 3 nights. And we were not disappointed. Great location, spotlessly clean room, nice contemporary decor, very friendly staff and very good breakfast. Highly recommended :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My Boyfriend & I recently stayed here for one night to celebrate his Birthday. Before arriving at the hotel, I phoned and asked if by any chance they could put some birthday banners & balloons up in the room before our arrival (if I dropped them off the morning of our check in.) The lady I spoke to on the phone was brilliant, very professional & friendly... She arranged for the room to be decorated & even provided me with an excuse to tell my Boyfriend so he didn't wonder why we were going to the hotel hours before check in, (you can buy a 24hr car parking pass from reception so the lady advised I told my Boyfriend I was picking this up! Great thinking.)
We headed to the hotel as soon as we arrived in Manchester & my boyfriend waited in the car whilst I completed the secret mission. The only complaint I have is that the car parking isn't on site & at the time of our stay, building work was taking place in the general area (not at the hotel) so it was a little bit of a struggle to get to the hotel at first & then the parking from there. Once we found the parking site (which there is a choice of two!) everything was fine and the car park is only a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The only thing I will say is that if you have heavy bags or large suitcases, you may want to drop them at the hotel first before parking. After parking we went for a look around Manchester, visiting some of the sights my Boyfriend wanted to see. I have to comment on how well positioned the hotel is, it's literally a 5 minute walk from everything, Printworks, Arndale Centre, National Football Museum
Etc... Trams are readily available so if something is slightly further afield you won't have difficulty getting there & back. In the area there are many lovely Bars, Clubs & Eaterys. We particularly liked the Printworks complex. From restaurants to night clubs & bars, it had everything you needed for a great night out. If that isn't your scene there are also plenty of other quirky bars a short walk from the hotel.

Upon check in, I spoke to the lady who had organised for the room to be decorated and she checked it was all done whilst being very discreet. My Boyfriend had no idea! When we walked in the room
There were balloons on the bed & in the shower and banners across the walls & doors. My Boyfriends face was a picture! :-) I cannot thank the staff enough for ensuring our stay was extra special.

The room itself was stunning. Very modern & elegantly decorated. The room we stayed in was on the 8th floor and had a floor to ceiling big window - The views of Manchester were amazing!! The bathroom was simply exquisite - The shower was enormous, you could have easily fitted 4 people in there. Instead of the tiny samples you normally get in hotels, big bottles of liquid soap & shower gel/shampoo were provided. It wasn't cheap rubbish either! Both myself & my Boyfriend didn't want to get out the shower.

We had a standard double room and I cannot fault any part of our stay. We both had a wonderful nights sleep! The hotel provides a choice of pillows... Two firm &
two soft per couple which I think proves they care about their guests and are willing to go the extra mile. The room is fully air conditioned and it worked wonderfully from cooling the room down to heating it up.

With the room rate you get breakfast. It isn't made clear when booking but this is an 'Express Start' breakfast which consisted of all continental options with the added extras of scrambled egg, beans, toast & sausages. Although this breakfast is perfect for me, my Boyfriend was slightly dissapointed that there was no bacon on offer.

For the price of the room I think this breakfast is more than adequate as it's also all you can eat. There's also fresh juice, milk & hot drinks on offer which are also all you can drink!

Overall, we will definitely be staying here again and will more than likely stay in another Holiday Inn / Holiday Inn Express too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura A
AlicjaTaranowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Laura

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your special occasion. It was so nice to read such detailed and positive feedback. I will find out which member of my team helped arrange the for the items to put in your room and ensure they receive your comments. Once again thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to see you again very soon.