Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street
US$178
US$161
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$176
US$127
US$95
  • Free Internet
All reviewsroyal infirmarycity centresecure car parkstayed heretravel lodgeroom was cleanbus stopcurry riceminute walkmain roadwhat it says on the tinwould stay againconvenient locationbudget hotelone night stayhotel roompleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Clean, comfortable room. No noise from the inside or the outside of the hotel. The area is not interesting but it was close to the Academy where we saw a gig (5 min walk) The staff at the reception were ok (for a Travelodge..!). When we came back from the gig at night the bar was open and the staff were very friendly. Drink prices were very reasonable. I did not spot any restaurants in the area but then again we weren't really looking for one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Arrived at the hotel was informed I didn't have a room even though I had booked 4 months in advance. Went out for the day, came back to be told I had been transferred. Had to pay for a taxi to the next Travelodge. Was informed I had only booked for 2 people when I had booked for 3. Proved my booking was for family room as I had the email. Was then informed that the team who transferred me did not check if there was space in the hotel and I didn't have a room. Was then suggested I go to Altrinham which was miles away from where I needed to be the next morning (Heaton Park Manchester), which would have made getting back to the hotel nigh on in possible. Said I was not leaving until they found me a hotel room somewhere close by. 30 mins later a room miraculously appeared, a double room for 3 men, told them I need at least another bed, was then given another room. I arrived att Travelodge M62 at around 1600, did not get into a bed until 0400. They then tried to suggest could only stay for the night. Avoid like the plague

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fitzgerald92
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very basic and noisy rooms, no telephone and noToiletries . Be very careful they say you have WiFi but we were unable to get the WiFi. I advised the Reception and also telephoned the WiFi team who advised that hotel equipments are faulty... Well I had to make an urgent international call so I used my mobile signal which cost me fortune, We will not be staying there in future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

ust checked out after staying for the weekend to attend the parklife festival. Staff were ok but not overly friendly .. but then again I can imagine their patience to be wearing thin due to all the festival goers. The room was spot on for the money paid and breakfast is ok too. One criticism though, the pressure system for shower made noise 24/7 .. you need a drink to sleep through it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Overnight stay there last night as hubby was in the hospital across the road. Room 205 (family room) was located at the front of the hotel facing a busy/noisy road (not good if you're a light sleeper or have young children). The main bed was rock hard and each time you moved the buttons from the mattress stuck in you. I asked for a different room and was put in room 224, a small double. Claustrophobic shower room, toilet was cramped, with toilet roll holder to one side and sink to the other so you had to squeeze in :( Overall cleanliness was good, breakfast was also good. High praise must go to Selena at breakfast time, very friendly and cheerful.
Will stay there again due to it's location to the hospital but won't stay in either of those rooms again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 205 and 224
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo