“Travelodge stole my money”

Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street
Ranked #32 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Dear All, I booked and paid in full for my room at Upper Brook Street (I have stayed here before) prior to jumping my car and driving the 220 miles from Glasgow. I arrived c. 10.30 pm, and ignoring the drunken foul mouthed oiks in the bar, attempted to check in. .... only to be told in no uncertain terms that I under no circumstances am I to be allowed to cross the threshold nor to be checked in. And in essence asked to leave..... explanation given : None.
Bye Bye Travelodge

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank CanisMajor186525

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A nice contemporary clean budget place to stay absolutely highly recommended. Great sense of security and great location to stay. The breakfast was very good also. Their own custom beds are very comfortable and would suit just about anyone. Definitely go again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The room is very reasonably priced and comfortable. The room is clean and well kept. This is the second time staying at this hotel and both times everything has been excellent. Lovely weather so took the opportunity to visit the Curry Mile and enjoy a pleasant walk back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Clean, comfortable room. No noise from the inside or the outside of the hotel. The area is not interesting but it was close to the Academy where we saw a gig (5 min walk) The staff at the reception were ok (for a Travelodge..!). When we came back from the gig at night the bar was open and the staff were very friendly. Drink prices were very reasonable. I did not spot any restaurants in the area but then again we weren't really looking for one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Arrived at the hotel was informed I didn't have a room even though I had booked 4 months in advance. Went out for the day, came back to be told I had been transferred. Had to pay for a taxi to the next Travelodge. Was informed I had only booked for 2 people when I had booked for 3. Proved my booking was for family room as I had the email. Was then informed that the team who transferred me did not check if there was space in the hotel and I didn't have a room. Was then suggested I go to Altrinham which was miles away from where I needed to be the next morning (Heaton Park Manchester), which would have made getting back to the hotel nigh on in possible. Said I was not leaving until they found me a hotel room somewhere close by. 30 mins later a room miraculously appeared, a double room for 3 men, told them I need at least another bed, was then given another room. I arrived att Travelodge M62 at around 1600, did not get into a bed until 0400. They then tried to suggest could only stay for the night. Avoid like the plague

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fitzgerald92
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very basic and noisy rooms, no telephone and noToiletries . Be very careful they say you have WiFi but we were unable to get the WiFi. I advised the Reception and also telephoned the WiFi team who advised that hotel equipments are faulty... Well I had to make an urgent international call so I used my mobile signal which cost me fortune, We will not be staying there in future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

ust checked out after staying for the weekend to attend the parklife festival. Staff were ok but not overly friendly .. but then again I can imagine their patience to be wearing thin due to all the festival goers. The room was spot on for the money paid and breakfast is ok too. One criticism though, the pressure system for shower made noise 24/7 .. you need a drink to sleep through it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends