“Sunday Lunch”

The Rose Garden
Price range: US$21 - US$43
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: New to West Didsbury’s Burton Road, The Rose Garden serves exciting contemporary British food created by owner and head Chef William Mills. It’s very much a family affair — William’s elder Brother Tom constructed the interior to a design created by their architect father, the restaurant’s striking visual appeal is complemented by professional but informal table service from William’s younger siblings.
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We had really good food today. The service was superb, friendly and knowledgeable.

We opted for the a starter each and a main. We were pretty delighted and impressed over all.

I was disappointment by my Yorkshire pudding. Otherwise my Sunday lunch was lovely. My girlfriend loved her main. Thought there was actually slightly too much which is a good thing if anything!

Fun and recommendable experience

1  Thank dabuzzz

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I love this place. The food is outstanding and the service matches it. And the prices do not. I would eat here every night given half a chance.

1  Thank FAnnets
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited last Sunday on an early booking at 6pm. This initially quiet restaurant was packed by the time we left. The set menu was a steal as it had most of their signature dishes. The "pig and squid" was exquisitely presented with dots of squid ink mayo and I've refrained from giving five stars as the pork belly was (ever so) slightly dry - but a minor issue in an otherwise tasty dish. My sea bream was nicely cooked and served in a lovely broth. My choccy poppy orange was an unexpected treat as I wasn't expecting the taste sensations - brilliantly executed. Reasonable wine list and well matched to the menu. Service is informal but very pleasant and helpful. very modern and bright decor.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Went on a sunday lunch and had ala carte, very very good and we shall be back with friends and family in the future.
Costly, but what do you expect with exceptional quality

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I went on Sunday evening.Very rare we go for a set menu because generally a set menu is limited in choice and not as interesting as ala carte. But when we looked at the set menu at Rose Garden, it looked interesting so we went for it (3 course for £19.95). We both were very happy. My highlight was fried sea bream with leek and mussel broth. The broth.. oh it was divine! The staff were all very nice, very attentive. We will certainly return to sample other dishes. Thank you Rose Garden! Well done.

1  Thank Mrs-Karlina