“Very poor”

The Blue Parrot Bar and Grille
Ranked #784 of 2,245 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Bar, American, British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Visited for early dinner, poor choice, ordered soup which arrived luke warm and no spoon, apologise we're offered and the soup was re-delivered straight from the microwave, at least it was hot. I ordered the cajun chicken burger, or at least that's what it was called, a dry bun with an even dryer piece of chicke half the size of the bun with a dollop of brown sauce, the rest of the plate was taken up by massive tasteless chips. I was offered a dessert on the house which I declined, no offer of a discount, we'll it was 50% off night anyway. They gave me a 50% off voucher for next time which I left as there is no way I or you should go there again

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank JohnQ31

Liverpool
“Great night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Came here with my parents and partner. My parents have been here twice before when they last stayed in Manchester so they recommended it. It did not disappoint. We were met with a warm welcome. The staff were lovely and friendly, the duty manager was very witty and engaging. The food was delicious. My only disappointment was we wanted 3 chef special fish cakes but there were only 2 left. I settled for the vegetable soup which was also delicious. We then had 3 rib eye steaks which were nice. Not to the best steak I have had but I am very fussy. My partner had a burger which he thoroughly enjoyed. A great night had by all.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“one of the best bars we've been to.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

cocktails - to die for. staff - attentive and friendly. atmosphere - quiet and relaxing. could stay there for hours.
we haven't yet tried food, but we're definitely going to be visiting in the future. so glad i found this bar!

manchester
“Absotuely appalling! Customer service lacking.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I visited the Blue Parrot in Manchester today to try and enjoy a soup + a sandwich from their Express lunch. Unfortunately, I did not get to eat any food! I specifically ordered from the express lunch menu as I only had 1 hour to eat before I had to return to work, after waiting 35/40 minutes my food had not arrive, despite checking with the waiter about how long the food would take as I had to return to work. Another group of four had come in after us (2 people) and had actually been quite rude to the waiter, however despite ordering after us and they had ordered from the full menu (Steaks etc), they received their food first! Even their drinks arrived first, the waiter had to come back over to us after he saw our annoyance and check our drinks order.

I asked for a full refund as our food was yet to arrive and we would not have time to eat it. The Assistant Manager Aaron gave us the refund, however did not apologise or show any empathy for our situation. I am 5 months pregnant and found the whole experience very stressful, I also had to run to grab a sandwich from Tesco before returning to work!

I would not recommend the Blue Parrot as they lack any type of customer service and obviously have kitchen issues if they cannot deliver a soup and a sandwich in a timely fashion from their EXPRESS MENU! Absolutely ridiculous experience!

4 Thank abi76
Wales UK
“Good lunch to be had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Dropped in for lunch as it was near the hotel I was staying at. It was a quiet Monday and there were very few people in the bar. Thought this a bit ominous but decided to try it anyway. It offers table service which is a bonus, and opted for a light lunch snack of kebab. The kebabs were good, nothing to write home about but neither was the bill. The service was excellent, it is one thing I never feel UK does well but the guy serving was the exception. Would certainly go back for another visit.