“Oh No!!!!”

Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I work close by and visited after a late night working.. what a mistake and should have checked tripadvisor first.. all of the previous comments are right!
staff - rude
food - awful
the only saving grace was the beer - but not enough..

Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

Went here on a groupon and had the buffet which I must say was very limited. The food was ok but I've definitely had better. I can't comment on the a la carte menu tho. Waiting staff seemed pleasant enough.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have visited this restaurant 3 times in total and being a fan of the bem brasil and Tropeiro restaurants in the city centre was excited at the prospect of a similar, cheaper one on my doorstep.

I have never been on the groupon vouchers and have always paid full price £17.50 for all you can eat meat platter and buffet.

The buffet has always consisited of a couple of tasty stews, chilli and chorizo type stews, rice, plaintain and various salads. The hot buffet has always been hot and the salads fresh.

The meat platter has always been huge, too big to finish, with a mixture of steak, pork, sausages and chicken.
Ive always been too full to ask for a second platter.

The staff were friendly and attentive, the waitress even remembered us on the 2nd visit dispite the first visit being a while before, and service was speedy.
The chef visited the table on one occasion, he was very pleasant and told us about the colombian origine of many of the dishes.

After 3 great visits i would recommend this restaurant, even without the vouchers, it is good value, excellent tasty food and very pleasant attentive staff, i will certainly be returning.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Myself and my wife had the misfortune to visit this restaurant last Friday. We were in the area for a presentation evening at Chorlton Irish club nearby. After browsing what restaurants were near we liked the look of this place and decided to give it a try. Big mistake.
It was around six thirty when we arrived and the owner and his children were sat in the reception / bar area.
We were shown to a table and decided to try the buffet.We were given after around five minutes wait two plates to collect our food from the buffet. Trouble being these plates were too hot to touch so had to wait for them to cool down to get our food.
The food was as stated in other reviews rather bland and not first class at all.
On starting to eat, admittedly food we didn't really fancy, my wife found an elastic band amongst her food. We put it on the table to show the waitress but she ignored it. She took the plate away and left us somewhat perplexed as to what to do next.
We went to the bar to pay so as not to make a scene. I told the manageress we would not pay for my wifes food as it was not eaten and contaminated by this rubber band in it. She took the band into the kitchen. A few awkward minutes passed and we were told the chef says if this was in the food it would have melted! The implacation being we put it there !
I said this was ridiculous and we wanted a new bill without my wifes tab on it. She said the owner won't let me do this and you have to pay.
We left after paying the full bill just to get away.
A smart restaurant on first view but please don't ever try this place as you may as well put your money down the grid. Very average food and a shocking way to deal with this incident which spoilt our evening. Be warned.

1  Thank Mancunia_11
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

I went here a couple of months ago with a groupon voucher but have only just got round doing a review.
I think we went on a wednesday evening, there was about 6 other people in the restaurant. However we still had to wait aggggges for our drinks to be brought over.
The staff weren't very friendly.
You get a choice of meat, fish or veg platter, we chose meat. It arrived and there was a couple of small sausages which were nice, some chicken and some minging chewy meat which I think was meant to be steak. It was all very greasy too. We asked for some more, as it was sold to us as all you can eat, and I was hoping for some more sausages as they were the only nice thing but they just brought out more greasy chicken and chewy meat. There was a help yourself Buffett with salad in and that was average.
The restaurant was nice inside and I imagine it to be nice in summer, it has good potential, just needs to improve on the service and food quality. I won't however be revisiting.

1  Thank Holidays_are_fun86