“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Topkapi Palace

Topkapi Palace
Ranked #214 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$1 - US$19
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Turkish cuisine selected, prepared & served by Seref Dursun and his team. Chef Seref Dursun completed his training at Hilton international many other restaurants before becoming Manchester s first Turkish chef over 30 years ago All meals are prepared on Topkapi's premises carefully selected prepared by Seref personally Topkapi's open kitchen gives you the opportunity to see our chefs at work Please feel free to ask any questions about our meat preparation We hope you will enjoy your taste of turkish cuisine, perhaps accompanied by a bottle of a Turkish wine or Efes-Turkish beer Whatever you choose soak up the atmosphere typical of this beautiful and historical country, Turkiye...
Dukinfield, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having not been to this restaurant for a couple of years, we decided it was time for a return visit and we were not disappointed.

For starters we had a Lux Sicak Meze (Hot mixed meze selection) for 2. The mains, my wife had Pilic Kebab (Chicken breast marinated in herbs and chargrilled, served with fried onions, peppers, rice and salad), while I had the Levrek Grill (Chargrilled marinated fresh seabass with pink peppercorns and dill served with rice and salad) washed down with a rather nice bottle of Pinot Gricio. My wife had a dessert, (can't remember which one) and the bill came to a very reasonable £61. The food was beautifully presented and tasted fantastic.

The restaurant is set out well, spotlessly clean and the staff very pleasant and helpful. For anyone who has not been to the Topkapi Palace before, its about half way downs Deansgate.

We will visit again and I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Michael S

• Arabic first
“Great value for money!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I visited here with my friend and our daughters and got a great meal for under £10 each. Food was delicious, would definately visit again. Staff are all friendly and very helpful and restsurant had a lovely atmosphere.

1 Thank Lisa K
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Despite reading good reviews about Topkapi Palace I found it bit disappointing. Although the service was good and the staff perfectly pleasant, the food was something of a let-down. After the highly average starters, I ordered the lamb kofta which was fairly tasty but nothing mind-blowing. My boyfriend's kebab, on the other hand, was basically some donar kebab meat drenched in a sauce which tasted exactly like Heinz tomato soup. There was nothing specifically wrong with the food, it was just over priced and mediocre. Even the presentation very dated-think 70s style salads and orange slices.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kirsty-Louise_10
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Any port in a storm”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a late evening meal here but have to say it was a little over priced for what we had and left feeling a little cheated. Service was attentive even if the owner / manager slightly over bearing. We had some pitta bread and houmous to kick off as we were starving. They brought one basket of bread, which was enough but two fairly big plates of houmous which was overkill and they were charging £4.50 a pop! So £9 for prob two pittas and a tub of hoummous. The main consisted of a flattened chicken breast, nicely marinated though, small portion of rice,salad and grated raw carrot again expensive at around £14.00 and something anyone could knock up for a mid week meal. I've never been a massive fan of Turkish food but thought I'd give it a try as I said it was any port in a storm. On reflection we should have sailed on to almost famous round the corner

Visited June 2014
1 Thank davidmlowe
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Average food, good service.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

When we got there the restaurant had no record of our booking (despite me having phoned twice to amend the number of guests) but they fit us in anyway. The waiter was attentive and the food was decent, if not particularly impressive. I wouldn't say the quality of the dishes is worth what they charge for them.

• Visited June 2014