“Perfect location for Manchester Arena”

Travelodge Manchester Central Arena
Ranked #22 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Glasgow
“Perfect location for Manchester Arena”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My Sister and I stayed at this Hotel when we were in Manchester for a combination of Christmas shopping and seeing two of our favourite Bands play (Bauer and The Slow Readers Club). It was our first stay at a Travelodge Hotel. And yes, we chose it first and foremost from a budget point of view. The Staff were helpful and attentive, the room was cleaned daily and the bed linen changed during our 3 night stay. It is in an excellent location for the Arena but a little way from the nightlife of Manchester. We would stay here again if we were attending a function at the Arena.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

You basically know what to expect from a travel lodge but this one was spot on for location and the hotel itself was faultless. Good customer service clean and tidy good night sleep quiet location and just across the way from the MEN Arena and a short walk into Manchester city for shopping and restaurants. Would stay here again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Bailey, CO
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed one night before a job interview the next morning, and although the staff was very friendly and the hotel was conveniently located, the rest of my experience was awful. First I was shocked to be told that they would not hold my small suitcase at the front desk during the day I checked out, which is standard in most places. The gentleman at the front desk was very apologetic and acknowledged that although it is a Travelodge policy at all of its locations it is very strange and inconvenient. I had to go to the Piccadilly station first thing in the morning, which was out of the way, and pay for luggage storage to avoid taking my bag to the interview. When I checked into my room, there were feces on the sides of the toilet bowl and hairs on the sink. None of the rooms have phones, so there is no possibility of a wake-up call, and no alarm clocks were provided/available, which I was very surprised about since a simple one would be quite cheap to provide. I was nervous about depending solely on my phone as an alarm, so the morning staffer kindly knocked on my door to wake me up, which I appreciated. Perhaps the worst part was that the room above was partying the entire night, with people screaming and laughing, and as I did not have a phone I could not phone the front desk to ask them to quiet down as it was 4 in the morning on a Tuesday. The bed was very comfortable and the room was set up very nicely, but the room was not cleaned properly, and the lack of phone, alarm clock, and luggage storage really made me never want to stay with Travelodge again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Natasha P
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Manchester Central Arena, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your review Natasha P. As a brand standard we do not provide storage facilities at our hotels however we do have an early check in and late check out service which will enable you to check in at 12 noon and check out at 2pm, this does come at a £10.00 charge and is subject to availability. We are sorry to learn that your room fell below our high standards of cleanliness, our housekeeping team are fully trained on ensuring all of our rooms and bathrooms are clean and it appears there has been a lapse in service on this occasion. We also understand that you were disturbed during the night, we do ask our staff to patrol our corridors and ask that our customers are courteous to other guests so it is regrettable to learn you were disturbed by other guests in the room above. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution so please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Barnsley,South Yorkshire
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a standard travelodge with basic rooms but very clean and warm The bed was comfortable and shower with ample hot water. Only one towel for double room is poor and no toiletries but for the price paid ok. We had the breakfast which was self service but good quality for the price.Parking right next door at a reasonable £7 for 24 hours. Location is excellent being very close to the arena and the city center with the Arndale Shopping Center just a few minutes walk. Would stay again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Manchester Central Arena, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Whilst we are pleased to learn you found our rooms to be clean and our bed to be comfortable teeteedisco, it is regrettable to learn that your room was not set up correctly with the right amount of towels. Our housekeeping staff go through a regular routine and our rooms should have the correct amount of towels and linen for each occupant. We’ll be sure to pass on your comments to the hotel so they can address this. As a brand standard we do not provide toiletries in our hotels. However we do offer the option to purchase extra toiletries from our vending machines. Thank you for your feedback.
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with two friends. Booked a family room on the internet as we were all going to see a production in Manchester at the beginning of Jan.

On arrival to the hotel we were welcomed by a member of staff at the reception and told where our room was.

The room was underprepared for three people. We had two bath towels and just one face towel yet it was a family room booked for three!!

The water pressure in the shower was ridiculously weak and impossible to have a shower so we ended up having to just have a wash in the sink. Not something you want to do when getting ready for a evening out in a hotel.

At 10:30 in the morning we were knocked up but the cleaners as they wanted to clean the room even though our check out wasn't until 12pm.

On check out I stood at the reception for just under 15 mins before a member of staff acknowledged me and just shouted across the restaurant "just leave your keys on the reception". I am surprised that a company such as the Travelodge doesn't show any interest in feedback about a customers stay at check out.

I will not be staying here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Matt C
We are sorry to learn of your disappointment Matt C. Our housekeeping staff follow regular routine when cleaning a room and your room is expected to have the correct amount of linen and towels so we are truly sorry to learn this was not the case on this occasion. We also expect that water pressure in the shower to be adequate for our guests so we are truly sorry to learn you found it to be unsatisfactory. We request our housekeeping staff to be polite and courteous to our guests around the hotel and we would not expect them to disturb our guests before the check out time. We also expect our reception staff to provide a great service and we’d like to investigate the issues you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more details and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Merseyside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at this travel lodge. The hotel was lovely, very clean and lovely decor. The food in the bar was great and the drinks not over priced. Our room was really nice and very clean & comfortable. I can't say a bad word about it - apart from don't follow the postcode on the website you won't find it.....
We got a very good deal which I'm sure wouldn't be available if there was an event on at the Arena but we would definitely go back there

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

No-one at reception, so we used the self-service check-in machine, which was ok except that it allocated us a double room (when we had clearly booked a family room), so when we got there, there was no duvet etc for the spare bed (They were eventually sent up later, after having to ask twice). The check-in machine may be faulty (which hardly inspires confidence in future use). The room itself was fine. The only problem was that the extractor fan in the bathroom was not working. Having stayed in many Travelodges over the years, this is (in my experience) almost guaranteed to happen to us, so these days we just put up with it. Otherwise, the room was consistently peaceful during all of our two-night stay. This may have been partly because only a few rooms in the hotel were occupied, but also possibly because (I would like to think) Travelodge these days seems to have learnt from experience (even though it’s not ‘rocket-science’) to place quiet people well away from noisy people. Thanks for that, Travelodge. The worst thing was my making the mistake of filling in the feedback form, which Travelodge said would only take a few minutes (but which took me over half an hour, for no reward). My advice would be, don’t bother to fill in a Travelodge feedback form. Post your comments directly on a website like ‘tripadvisor’ instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room