“GREAT LOCATION”

Travelodge Manchester Central Arena
Ranked #27 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Overnight parking - which is secure, is next door This is one one of the newer improved hotels with bar and eating options within the hotel. The rooms and service are ideal for a one night stay. The city centre is just a five minute stroll off to your left left left and first right at the traffic lights. Good value and ideally located for the centre of Manchester.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Manchester Central Arena

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Brillian location for Manchester Arena. Parking area right alongside at reasonable rates for city and Victoria station close by. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast and meals available and good range at reasonable price. Rooms nicely decorated. Mainly showers in rooms. Beds and pillows very comfortable. Room for £34 so excellent value. Be careful with the sat nav. Mine wouldn't accept the one with the address given but M3 1PQ, got me close enough to see TRAVELODGE towering ahead of me!

Room Tip: Sixth floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed there recently for four nights. The room was fine, and it served a need but the area isn't great. One night there was a pile of vomit at the front door and another the police were chasing a stolen Merc that crashed into a guests car that was parked outside. The breakfast is ok but I found the Coffee not to my taste. My room key deactivated each day and with the poorly manned reception it takes a while to get that sorted. Also I would have liked a small shelf in the shower to put the soap on.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Nice clean affordable hotel in the centre of Manchester, couldn't ask for more for the price paid, great buffett breakfast too, rooms & bathroom very clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a drink in the bar before we headed out to our ball, the bar area and cafe area was large, clean and inviting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Kellie R
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from the 2nd-4th May for a night out for my birthday.

Everyone was friendly and the rooms were better than expected. The bed was extra comfy, more tea and towels were provided the next morning and there was enough lighting which made the room easy to get ready in.

Shops are very close by and buses run frequently and stop right outside the hotel.

All in all, a brilliant stay and I would recommend to friends and come back here multiple times.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CourtneyAO
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is the first time staying at a Travelodge for my husband and I.

I didn't expect much but upon checking in, I knew this place was special. Abrar at Reception was friendly, funny and provided the kind of service I would expect from a five star hotel. Other staff members at Reception were also helpful and friendly and were very attentive when we lost our backpack and did everything they could to help us find it again (which we did!). Alfie from the bar was a character and really gave us a great night, chatting to us whilst we were having snacks and drinks at the lounge.

The room itself was spacious and clean and the bed was a reasonable size and was comfortable. The location is excellent for those that have booked to see an event at the arena. Only a 2 minute walk away.

All in all, great hotel and exceptional service!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago and I must say, one of the most pleasant stays I have had at any hotel. From the moment we walked in it was exceptional from the cleanliness to the check in, to the bar and the most enjoyable part of the stay the staff use have, an absolute credit to use especially Michael and Scott. Scott checked us in and made sure we new everything to do with the hotel and didn't have to worry about a thing as he said if we needed anything at all then he would sort it for us and he did from extra tea and coffee to extra towels. And then Michael gift of the gab nothing seemed to much of a problem for him and explained to us where to go on a night out. Once again the staff were excellent. Would recommend anyone to stay here

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends