See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2010

The room was a filthy, dirty and stuffy booth. Sleeping was completely impossible,as there was loud live music every evening. The toilet was dirty too, also the shower. The room wasn´t even proper lockable. A stinking place. The location is quite good, just in the centre.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank kritzer
Reviewed 8 March 2010

i am over in manchester quite a bit for the football, myself and my husband stay in this hotel on a regular basis. we dont have to move for the whole weekend as the entertainment that is laid on in the pub is excellent. if youre looking for 5 star this is not the place for you but if u are looking for somewhere to just put the head down in a clean and comfortable room then this is for you. the staff are very welcoming and nothing is too much bother for them. i highly recommend this hotel for couples and groups going to manchester for a weekend break.

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dubbabe
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I arrived after midnight from a business trip to realize that my mobile was dead and no one was at home to let me in... so I needed a place to sleep for the nigh... I decided to go for a budget hotel and I remember that this pub was renting rooms... the pub was closing down sending home the last customers, I asked to the bar staff if they still had a room available and the owner said yes! I was so happy!!!
The room was at the top floor, it didn't have the en-suite, but for 20 £ I believe was perfect! The room was super clean and I also had a TV to entertain myself.
The property is a bit dated but to be honest in my life I slept in much worst places that were charging much much more than 20 pounds... Thanks so much to the owners to let me stay at the Burton Arm... I will surely recommend the place to friends visiting Manchester!

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2009

Got to the Burton Arms after a day of sight seeing, to walk in to a bar full of men. Very intimidating, and not what i'd call welcoming as a woman in earlt 20's.
Room stunk of smoke and window wouldnt open.
Didnt brave breakfast.
Wouldnt recommend to anyone!

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Katherine5065
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Stayed for one night (for show and shopping) and found the arrival a bt unwelcoming, kept getting calls to ask if I was sure if i wanted the room from the landlord/lady.
Room was clean and comfortable but did find things a bit noisy.
Don't stay here if you don't like cig smoke as it seems that you are allowed to smoke freely in the place (astrays are also found in the all the rooms)
Would have tried breakfast but was put off as all the breakfast food was in the hallway in a box for a whole day.
I'd recommend the Burton's Arms it if you are males as the bar does seem friendly but didn't see one female on the customer side. They have lock-in (as people were drinking till 2am)
I don't think id recommend it if you were a single girl tho
Good for the price but as a single girl, I wouldn't stay again.

Date of stay: November 2009