“The Junior Suite”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fareham, United Kingdom
“The Junior Suite”
Reviewed 13 April 2011

As it was my girlfriend's birthday and we were visiting Manchester, i decided to book the suite (having stayed at a Novotel in Southampton i was confident of quality of service) and this is what we got.

We found the hotel fairly easy, check in was good and the lady was helpful, we found the room easily and was quite amazed with the suite, having not seen pictures i wasn't sure what to expect but this was great, king size bed, 2 TV's, nice bathroom, very nice sitting room with comfy chairs.

We didn't use the restaurant or the bar so i can't review that, the hotel was very modern and clean, overall a great stay and we shall be returning to this hotel upon our next visit to Manchester, whenever that shall be :)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. My team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves during your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. Thank you for adding the photos to your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Donegal
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Novotel in Manchester is probably one of the best value Hotels I have stayed in.
I have stayed in Manchester before in the Midland, Best Western, Jury's etc. in the past but will definitely return to Novotel.
I asked for a quiet room and got one on the 3rd floor. The room was very spacious and very clean. The breakfast was very good with a great choice of continental and cooked breakfast.
The Sauna and steam room up on the 4th floor was probably one of the best I've ever experienced and the gym, although I didn't use it has a great view of the street below.
Overall, the staff were very friendly and efficient, the price is very reasonable and the location, just off Portland/Princess Streets is ideal for anyone on a weekend break.
We will be back, soon..

Room Tip: Great Breakfast
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
Thank you for your very kind comments and compliments they are very much appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black
Birmingham
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Check in was slow because there was no one on the desk. I stood there about 10 minutes before a member of staff happened to be passing. Room nice but too hot and stuffy. Bed comfortable. Good sleep and quiet location. Breakfast ok, good value

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of the hotel. I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.
Cardiff
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We stayed at the hotel at the end of February. It was lucky that I had sat nav in the car because the location was quite difficult to find but it was very central. Parking was easy. Check in was fine and the room was lovely with plenty of room for everyone. We have two young children (4 and 2 years old) so we had our hands full during the short break!! Location was great for shopping and next door to China Town which was handy for the evening. Breakfast was tasty but we took the children down in shifts becuase we didn't want to cause too much chaos!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you and you family back soon. Kind regards, Iain Black
Perth Scotland
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Stayed at the Hotel,past weekend,very good desk staff,friendly cleaning staff and the service at breakfast was 5 star as was the food!!!

We had a problem with idiots in the room next door(shouting and singing till 6am!!!)spoke to the front desk who found us another room,we went off to a wedding when we came back our stuff had been moved to another room.

Thankyou once again will use again

Big thankyou to all the staff

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LordAnthony31
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 30 March 2011
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Manchester. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Manchester Centre in the future. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and the hotel is very well located (especially when you are going to a Manchester United game). Everything was very clean and there was a good atmosphere in the hotel. The service was exelent. My son bought a toy which was broken when we came to the hotel, i phoned the front desk and they sent someone over to fix the toy for my son, free of charge. My son was very impressed, and we are definetly staying there again and we would highly recomend this hotel to anyone travelling to machnester.
Finally, the breakfast was perfect.

-Thor Halldórsson, Reykjavík, Iceland.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
iblack, Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Thank you for your review. We look look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Iain Black - General Manager
Oxford
Reviewed 6 March 2011

My partner and I stayed in manchester for a short break and found the Novotel very modern and amazingly quiet. After an hours knap on arriving I started to scratch my arms and rub my eyes which became sore. I am acutely allergic to animals which we didn't realise were allowed at this hotel. Although the hotel was spotless, I didnt sleep very well although my partner did. If animals aren't a problem then I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Would have been niced to have had a warning as do people who can't eat peanuts or gluten.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. i was sorry to learn of the problem that you encountered. and will investigate your comments further. I do hope we may welcome you back to our hotel in future. Iain Black - General manager