“Good sized room & good facilities”

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #38 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Good sized room & good facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Novotel's tend to be functional and this was no different. Rooms seemed to be standard double or twin with a sofa bed. I had a double which was a really good size if you were travelling with a family. It's located in Chinatown so close to the tram and Picadilly Gardens. The rate was a summer offer so was incredibly reasonable at £57 including breakfast. All in all a decent place to stay - not the comfort level of a Marriott but good value if you get a reduced rate deal.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in future, kind regards,Iain Black

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Newark, Nottinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

Excellent value for money, great location, efficient check in and excellent service in the bar/lounge. Rooms are modern and spotlessly clean. Used the gym on the 4th floor - small but adequate with good kit. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Manchester Centre. Kind regards, Iain Black
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed 3 nights Thurs - Sun, as tourists and went to two gigs. We have stayed here several times - quiet hotel in excellent location for Christmas markets, manchester academy, apollo and MEN.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back once again in the future, kind regards, Iain Black
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed here on a business trip, and booked through company scheme. Someone who appeared to be the Assistant Manager at the front desk became quite irritated when I told him breakfast was included, and continued to argue with me over it even when he had my booking contract in his hand confirming this. He called the travel operator, and came back to tell me he 'would do it this time' - I wasn't going to settle for anything less as I had a contract and he clearly had an issue with the booking agents not me! However, I wonder if this made him give me a room on the 1st floor directly above the bench saws and drills for the refurb? I nice touch after a 5 hour drive, and then 4 hours in the office. I asked what time the noise started in the morning and was assured it wouldn't start until 11. Hey presto, halfway through my 9;30 call the next day - the noise starts. I went to my colleagues room to continue - and we could hear it quite clearly on the 4th floor. I haven't even gone into the dust everywhere, the floors covered in plastic, and builders leering in the bar. Disgusted with the hotel's attitude to their clients and would recommend it to no-one, if I'd have had young children here I'd have been besides myself.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank newflat2
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of the hotel. I’ll look into this personally and come back to you. Please send your email address , to Iain.Black@accor.com
Kind regards,Iain Black
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Good points: very well located for central Manchester, easy to find, with parking (discounted) next door. Relatively quiet at night for a Saturday. Stylish lobby area, and helpful reception staff.
We asked to change the first room we were allocated because it smelled of smoke (although all the rooms are meant to be non-smoking, so this may have been a one-off). A member of the reception staff immediately met us on our floor and took us to another room, which was bigger, with more facilities and with no smell of smoke. That was great service I felt. Loved the iphone speakers, the expresso machine and the thoughtful jug of milk in the fridge + water bottles too.

Negative points: We ordered a newspaper which was not delivered, or someone else took it. The receptionist took it off the bill, but didn't offer to replace it. There is a fixed price buffet breakfast in the lobby cafe at £13.95 per person which we thought was high, and offered no flexibility. However Don Giovanni's very friendly deli round the corner on Oxford Road does a great full English ,breakfast cooked to order at £4.40 plus coffee, wiith other choices too.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Manchester Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about brekfast. You may be interested to know that in addition to the extencive buffet option we also offer less expencive choices in the lounge area from our breakfast bites menu. I do hope to welcome you back to our hotel. Kind regards, Iain Black