“T.V Land”

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I was in Manchester to watch the worlds most wonderful football team..thats City not not the other mob..On to the review..the Hotel is centrally located..the rooms are small but so are most of the newly constucted/refurbished hotels these days ..so no change there..As with most Novatels the food is good..in this case very good so no complaints there..

The Novotel/Pullman chain has been splashing a great deal of money lately on revamping ..I am not sure it is well spent..Three large Televisions in one bar/dining area spaced around seven feet apart appears to be overkill to me..even if they were showing Chelsea getting thrashed by Athletico Madrid..I would recommend this place for a short stay..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Iain2, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. We look forward to welcoming you once again in the future. Kind regards Iain Black

Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights for work. Friendly welcome, room ok, king bed could do with new mattress. Room on 1st floor very noisy with window open room over some sort of cooling system so continuous general drone, plus temporary sewer work that started early . However inside it was dry quiet, couldn't hear anything from other rooms despite being fully booked. Breakfast was included in room rate and very good selection that was always topped up by attentive polite staff. I don't think I would pay £13.95 for it though. Nice powerful shower and decent bathroom. Overall ok but nothing special. Good for the price and central location.

• Stayed: September 2012
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Iain Black

Reviewed 12 September 2012

This was never my 1st choice hotel in Manchester but after this visit, it has moved way down the list!

When I checked in and went to my allocated room, I found that it was already occupied. There was nobody in the room, but there was a bag and clothes hung up with the bed obviously having been used.

After I was given another room (upgraded to a superior room), I called reception to ask about internet access as I had been told it was free. The receptionist said that there was no Wifi, but if I used the cable, it would be free, although I had to sign up for a deal, but this would be refunded at checkout. However, I couldn't connect, so I rang again and got a different person, who told me that the internet wasn't working but the Wifi was OK!

When I asked if that was free also, he informed me that there was no free internet in the hotel, except for Executive rooms! It would cost 8 euros for 24 hours. I declined and used my mobile broadband dongle!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EastYorksAndrew

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time on h3145-gm@accor.com if you’d like to discuss things further. With kind regards, Iain Black

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We booked a family room, which turned out to be a standard double room with a sofa bed - it would have been a small room for the two of us, and was definitely very, very cramped for four. I asked if we could move, but was told all the rooms were the same size. Staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was fine, location is pretty good too, but the size of the room would definitely put us off staying here again, I'm afraid.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Novotel Manchester Centre. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Iain black

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Usual Novotel standard - comfortable and clean - breakfast good. What I really like about staying here is the location - it's perfect - close to Chinatown, bars and restaurants, but still in a quiet enough location for the evening. Would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Novotel Manchester Centre and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Iain Black

Reviewed 4 September 2012

A boring room in a boring hotel. However, on the plus side, the staff were great and very efficient, and the price I paid was ridiculously low - the location is also very central. But that doesn't excuse quality.The steam room was out of order. Also, the bed seemed to have been made up with a bottom sheet that was too small - probably a double instead of a king.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Kind regards, Iain Black

Reviewed 2 September 2012