“Overpriced due to concert!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Manchester Centre

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #38 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Overpriced due to concert!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed here due to going to the Robbie Williams concert. Thing is the day before the hotel had normal rates the day Robbie was on it was £160!!!! I have paid less for a 5 star hotel in London!
I wouldnt have minded paying that if it had some sort of luxury element to it?
Its basic. Its clean but basic. The tv was awful never worked, neither did the heating. It was supposed to be two singles, instead i got one double and a pull out sofa.
If i had paid £60 this would have been more than fine, great actually but at £160?! I expect alot more!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of the hotel. I have noted your comments about the TV and heating system, which we have since addressed. Our pricing is very carefully set in line with other similar 4 star properties in Manchester City Centre who all charge premium rates on high demand and event dates, however I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience. Kind Regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Tunbridge Wells
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly and it consistently delivers good, fridnly service. The rooms are pleasant and functional and the staff evidently care about the hotel. The one downside is the WiFi and online connectivity which is very poor, not helpful if the trip requires good business access in the room!!!

Room Tip: Executive rooms have been uipgraded, worth the small extra charge.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value feedback from our regular guests. As we now offer WiFi complimentary throughout the Hotel, this should eliminate any future issues with internet connectivity. Thank you also for your kind comments and compliments on our new Executive rooms, which are available for a discounted supplement subject to availability at check in. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Manchester Centre. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Not stayed here for over two years. Rooms remain smart and clean. Bathroom was spacious and spotless. Bed comfortable with a choice of pillow types. Tv channels a bit limited, but small fridge for own items and flat screen tv with MP3 player connection is a plus. Other than an apartment, his would be my Hotel of choice in Manc. Reception service was speedy and to the point. Broadband Wifi is paid for ... So cannot be a five star.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. We do now offer complimentary WiFi throughout the Hotel - so hopefully you will give us a five star review after your next stay. I look forward to seeing you again hopefully in less than another two years! Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Malton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

From the very first moment we walked into the hotel we were treated to excellent service, from a member of staff opening the front door for us to the restaurant manager asking if we wanted the rugby turned off on the television and music putting on (we didn't!). The room was large, with a tiny walk-in wardrobe and the shower was excellent. We both had a good night's sleep and there was no noise in or around the hotel. Security was very good - when we came in late the door was locked and we had to show our key card to gain entry. Breakfast was substantial - my daughter was disappointed that she couldn't fit in any pastries! Would definitely recommend for both business and leisure stays.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Chrisgibson2334
Thank you for posting your kind comments and compliments. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Manchester. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Manchester Centre again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Don't get me wrong, my family and I have stayed many times at this hotel both on business and pleasure, and we have always considered it to represent good value for money, until now that is. What has changed my mind on this occasion, during a recent one stay over the weekend was the number of discrepancies between what was advertised and what was delivered.

In short our booking invoice confirmed complementary Internet usage for an executive room. Upon arrival though we were informed this did not apply to weekend stays. In addition although an executive room allows a free movie we were charged for this when checking out, although this was removed from our bill when I pointed this out. Also the executive room in my opinion is no different from any of the other room types we have stayed in at this hotel although granted you do get the usage of bath robes and slippers. Finally the adjacent Q car park, even with the Novotel discount cost £13.50 from 6pm arrival to 1pm departure the following day; I believe the hotel website indicates the cost of overnight parking to be in the region of £6.50. And what has tipped the balance in me deciding to write this review or not, was me just noticing that an additional £7.50 charge, applied by Novotel, has just appeared on my credit card bill without any explanation.

To be honest I would probably stay at this hotel again as a second choice but because of their penny pinching attitude I will probably plump for the Thistle or perhaps the Mercure as my first choice now, bearing in mind their more central location?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Manchester Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the Executive room offer, which we have since addressed and we now offer all guests complimentary WiFi, and as part of the Executive room package a free movie at weekends. Our brand new Executive rooms are very different from our Standard and Superior rooms as they are the next generation of rooms which are being built into all new-build Novotel Hotels, and we are proud to be the first Hotel outside of London to offer these rooms (they are now being rolled out in other Novotels outside London too). I realise that you do have a large choice of Hotels in Manchester, however, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location with stations located nearby. Junior suite is really nice and good value if you book in advance. Really spacious with a nice bathroom and waterfall style shower and separate toilet. Recommend the breakfast and its easy to walk to most areas in Manchester ! Croma , the restraunt nearby is excellent value for money and tasty too!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank seanthain
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We arrived at this hotel for a one night stay to be told there was no record of our booking on the system... the hotel blamed booking.com for this, luckily we had our confirmation and the receptionist allocated us a room and we were upgraded to a superior room... I would be interested to see what a standard room is like as the superior was nothing special. The overall hotel was clean and modern and has obviously had a lot of money spent on it. Rooms were an ok size, bed was comfy, bathroom clean. Good location for city centre. Parking at nearby car park was reasonable with a discount card from reception at the hotel. Breakfast was excellent, lots of choice and area kept clean and tidy throughout service. I would recommend this hotel, and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.