“Anniversary getaway”

Ranked #43 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Anniversary getaway”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

My partner booked us a two night stay at the hotel as a surprise for our anniversary. I was extremely surprised by the room, spacious with an abundance of added extras, robes, climate friendly toiletries and a comfortable bed. The staff were all veryfriendly and were always around if we needed to ask a question. The room was clean and tidy and well worth the money my partner spent for an executive room. Will recommend and stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Nicola B
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for celebrating your anniversary with us - congratulations! I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to seeing you again hopefully before your next anniversary. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stay a lot in hotels for work and I found this stay (family weekend away) that it was OK. Good points - the breakfast was excellent, the booking arrangements easy, the adjoining rooms worked well, and it was well situated. Bad points, well none really, it just didn't feel particularly nice, a bit soulless, dull, missing a bit of comfort perhaps, and nowhere on the scale compared to other Novotels I stay in regularly abroad. 1 Saturday night x 2 rooms set us back £260 which is quite a lot by my reckoning, but not enough to spoil the weekend. OH, and the late night sandwich from the bar was terrific !

Room Tip: arrive early or the car park under the hotel will be full !
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Manchester Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the public car parking, which we are addressing. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed here whilst we where going to a Robbie Williams concert, and for this reason the prices sored!! We paid £185 for a double room, This is over double what you would normally pay, but we found this with all hotels, making a profit from an event, but this was one of the cheapest we could find this weekend. And glad we chose it, it is a lovely hotel, lovely staff very clean and the breakfast was amazing! We would most definitely stay again :-)

• Stayed June 2013
Glad you had a good time at the Robbie Concert! I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Bethesda, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Great location, 5 minutes walk to the city center. Plenty to eat for breakfast, and good spacious rooms. We had 2 kids, and the sofa bed was in fact 2 single beds, which was great.
Also there was a fridge in the room, which was a great bonus.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank llechid30
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Manchester Centre. Our rooms are very popular with families and I am grateful for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Reception staff competent and friendly. (Executive) Room very adequate. In-room wi-fi is new to Novotel Manchester and, while I was able to make a connection first night I was unable to do so on second night - the issue may have been my computer but I am unconvinced. Breakfast adequate.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. Hopefully we have now resolved any teething issues with our new complimentary WiFi product. I look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Pleasant clean, comfortable, hotel. Staff were professional and helpful. Catered adequately for special diet at lunch. Written directions to the hotel were confusing and need to be clarified. I would book again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Manchester Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the directions to the Hotel, which we have since addressed. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.