“Good Hotel in Central location”

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #39 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Myself and Hubby stayed here for one night when we went to the Arena to see Billy Joel. We thought from the website that it was nearer the arena but was in fact about 20 minutes walk which when you have difficulty walking is further then we thought. That said it was in the best location for shopping and right next to China Town that has some fabulous restaurants.
We parked in the Piazza Car Park right next door but Hubby got a fit of parking rage because he said it was a nightmare to park because the spaces were small with big white pillars in the line of sight. Overnight charge is £20 but if you ask Reception on check out they give you an additional ticket to use before you insert the car park ticket which reduces it to £14. Seems a lot but it is inside and secure.
Check in was very efficient and welcoming and our room was on the second floor. The hotel reception area looks very modern. We purchased breakfast for the next morning and it was at a reduced cost of £8 approx which was reduced by quite a lot as it is £12 plus on the day.
The bedroom was quite spacious looking but the toilet was seperate to the bathroom and quite small. The bed was big and comfy but if you were unlucky to sleep next to the wall you had to squeeze down the side of the bed as it was so near the wall there wasnt enough room to walk down the side of the bed properly. They could have saved room as there was plenty of space down the other side of the bed and also room for a sofa . Big Television which we didnt use. The room was air conditioned and everything was very clean. The room really is quiet and you don't hear a sound from the street so you should get a good nights sleep.

Breakfast next morning was busy, they only serve till 9.30 weekdays so there was a Q waiting for tables. However it was very quick and once we were seated the service was very efficient and the breakfast was great, the hot food was very good quality and replenished frequently. Also loads of choice of cold food as well. Great. All in all we were pleased with the hotel and would definately recommend and stay again ourselves.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Iain B, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Novotel in Manchester and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Iain Black

There are newer reviews for Novotel Manchester Centre

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights. For a reasonably priced city centre hotel, it is very good indeed. Superb location adjacent to covered car park, to which hotel guests enjoy special rates. Comfortable, spotless accommodation. Excellent breakfast buffet. I was especially impressed by the helpful, friendly staff. I will certainly use this hotel again, and have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Only used the Novotel here for a one night business trip. No problem getting there and everything was as expected from the room. Have used a number if Novotel hotels in different places and you get a very decent standard with clean rooms and a good breakfast. Would recommend if you need a spot within walking distance of the city centre.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel in Manchester . Kind regards, Iain Black

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel for business purposes.

The hotel is walking distance from Piccadilly Station (approx 8mins).

There is a very nice bar which serves wide range of alcohol. Breakfast was very good & had lots to offer. Had dinner both nights & have to say very consistent & of very good standard. The waitresses very friendly & attentive.

The room is laid out in very modern decor. Separate bathroom & toilet. Full amenities available including iron in room as standard.

Despite its central location the hotel is soundproof from all the street noise outside - you literally can't hear any noise once you are in your room.

I will be returning to start at this hotel during my next visit to manchester.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Glad you had a good time at Novotel Manchester Centre! Hope to see you again. Kind regards, Iain Black

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This review is for the restaurant.

Both myself and my fiancé have been to this restaurant many times and have tried a selection of dishes from starters to deserts. We have enjoyed everyone of them with only a few slight niggles over around 6-7 trips. The layout is modern and clean and the staff there have been really nice and easy to talk to/order from every time. We normally go in the evening (around 8:00 pm) and have never left disappointed. The price is about average for a nice restaurant in the city centre. The meal sizes seem well portioned and the food well cooked.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Good to read your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Manchester. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel. Kind regards,Iain Black

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed for one night at the hotel which is situated right next to the Chinese quarter in Manchester - great location. We were there for a conference and were occupying the meeting rooms on the first floor. The hotel were well equipped for managing a large number of guests arriving/departing at the same time and the check-in service was well organised and speedy. We were well looked after during the conference and the food was great with a good choice of hot/cold/antipasti. The bedrooms are modern, spotlessly clean and very comfy with wiring for internet and mp3/iPod. Great shower too. Can recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

thank you for your review i was pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back to Novotel manchester Centre. Kind Regards Iain Black

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here for one night on business and was less than impressed. I had requested a room with a bath when I booked, but initially was given one with a shower only. I went back down to reception and asked to be changed to a different room. The receptionist apologised and I was given another key, and back up I went - but this room also only had a shower. After half an hour and 4 attempts, each time going up and down in the lift with my bags, and each time still being given a room with only a shower, I still had not got a room. My friend who I was meeting for dinner had been sitting patiently waiting for me, but eventually we got fed up. In the end I gave up and handed my bags to one of the receptionists and asked them to find me a suitable room, put my bags in it, and give me the key when I returned from dinner.

The room I was eventually given was a business room and was very nice and comfortable, so no complaints about that. And the location of the hotel is great, the breakfast is good and they now have free wifi throughout the hotel, so all good and as you would expect. But come on, how difficult is it to meet such a simple request? And why don't the reception systems have such basic information about the rooms like if they have a bath and shower, or only a shower? And if there is a problem like this, then it should be simple to fix - and in event it shouldn't be up to me to keep dragging my bags all over the hotel in the process of trying to sort it out. This is not a bargain motel and the room costs the best part of £100, so I do expect a bit better service than that. I was told someone would ring me about it, but no one did.

So the hotel itself - fine. Problem solving and service - could try harder!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I can assure you the matter is being looked into and we will be updating our computer system to reflect this.
Again I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.
Kind Regards, Iain Black, General Manager.