“Top quality hotel room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Top quality hotel room”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

If you desire a hotel room that's extremely comfortable and beautifully-looking, then the Novotel in Manchester City Centre is definitely for you.

The location is decent as it's near to the bottom of Portland Street. The hotel is very nice in the interior, and the room was tremendously nice. The monsoon shower in the bathroom was my favourite feature.

I can't comment on the price to be honest as this was booked for me for my birthday, but after punching in a few random dates on the site, it costs around £100. I'd say that's very expensive for one night, but what we got was pure luxury and it's what we wanted.

The checking-in process seemed to be sluggish, but we weren't interested in using the staff services anyway, just a bedroom to relax and sleep in.

I give it a 5* rating and will consider staying here again for a special occasion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Manchester. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Manchester Centre. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
UK
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here on a Saturday night. Given the price of the room, we were expecting more. The location is good for central Manchester. Service at reception was fairly lukewarm. The room was basic (given the price) and uninspiring. The mattress in our room (340) was old and broken, so we did not have a good night's sleep. Toiletries were insufficient for two people. The sink was not working properly. Other than the location, there's no advantage in staying here instead of a budget hotel. We will try somewhere else next time we are in Manchester.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that you didn’t find the service at our hotel up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on our staff training, so this is something I will be looking into personally. I have noted your comments about you room, which we have since addressed.
I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kind Regards

Iain Black
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed on business and had some of the worse service I have ever experienced in an Accor hotel (I do 30 nights+ a year with them). Disinterested reception, faulty wifi, staff not following through on their promises (e.g. Never calling back when they don't have the info you ask for and they have promised to do so by a certain time/date.

Location is reasonable and close to the main shopping areas of town. Breakfast is below the usual Novotel standards. Rooms are usual Novotel stuff and the hotel is quite modern.

It's the service that let's this place down though. I hope they fix it as I would stay with them again if they improved. Until then though I definitely won't.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and we pride ourselves on our staff training, so this is something I will be looking into personally.

Kind Regards,

Iain Black
General Manager.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here on a Friday night, as we went to a concert at the Apollo.
We stayed in an executive room which was really nice and spacious. The room was spotlessly clean, with a really comfortable bed. It had an ipod docking station and a nespresso coffee machine which was wonderful!! Arrived back around 11pm and the hotel was very quiet, which led to undisturbed nights sleep. Breakfast was also good with lots of choice for the healthy and the unhealthy (!) As an inner city hotel it was perfect for our needs - it lies opposite China Town and is 2 mins from the shops - we would definately stay here again. For those driving, there is a multi storey next to the hotel, and they provide a 30% discount to the parking - it costs £14 for 24 hours.

Room Tip: We stayed in the exec room - if you want somewhere that is quiet, comfortable and relaxing, then thi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Best hotel we stayed in Manchester so clean modern, staff so helpful happy, would stay there again. Fab breakfast so many choices,good location to Piccadilly train station, so many places nearby to eat in night

• Stayed February 2014
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
manchester
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I am always impressed by customer service at Novotel group hotels; the staff do make you feel welcome. The Manchester central branch has newly refurbished executive rooms, which are worth trying; well designed, with lots of sockets for electronic devices. Shower is hot, bed is comfortable, room appears very well sound- proofed (hotel is nicely set back, away from busy road; well situated for Metrolink and Chinatown- have the £10 set lunch at the New Emperor restaurant, three courses including crispy duck!) curtains keep out the light- what more do you need?

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hotel was clean and comfortable but a little outdated with the décor. Easy to find from the station but for a woman travelling on her own for a business trip not really ideal. Did not have breakfast as it was expensive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SAW060913
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to seeing you again hopefully soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.