“Would certainly recommend.”

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #41 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 March 2014

A great hotel in a really convenient central Manchester location. 2 minutes to St.Peter's Square tram shop, and an easy 10 minutes into the main shopping centre of the city.

The communal areas of the hotel felt very modern and clean, and the room was ok. I was very impressed to find a proper sofa bed in the room for the second person, and this was very comfy. A nice change from some hotels in the city which don't even offer twin accommodation. Staff at the hotel were fantastic and could not do enough to help out.

My only complaint was that the steam room was out of action during our visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,692)

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights which was quite a pleasant stay! Didn't spend much time at all in the hotel as we were too busy enjoying ourselves visiting Manchester but the room was perfect for what we needed! Bed comfortable, good working shower only down point is the separate bathroom and toilet and the bad wifi! Other than that, was a good stay and would probably stay again if back in Manchester

Stayed: February 2014

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Novotel Manchester Centre and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Having spent £160 for one night's stay including breakfast, I have to say describe the experience as a complete waste of money. The hotel reception is clean and bright enough, but the quality of the room was less than average and the bed was some kind of joke. An old foam mattress that I wouldn't personally be comfortable sleeping animals on. Also, the noise from the air conditioning unit (above the 4th floor) was horrendous and if you find yourself close to that forget getting any sleep. The only good thing was the breakfast. If your going to Manchester you can easily find hotels of this quality (or I suspect much better) in the £60-80 per night price range. We will never stay at a another Novotel ever again after this experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I have noted your comments about the bed, which we are addressing this year by replacing all our beds. I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience. Kind Regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My partner and I booked into this hotel for our first visit to Manchester. When we checked in we told the man at reception that we intended to pay by cash for our room and he told us we could do so at the end of our stay, which we agreed. He then asked us for a bank card to check us in, he assured us repeatedly that we would not be charged and that it was just to book us in. We handed over our bank card, which contained all of our money for our stay and he swiped the card and returned it. We thought nothing of it until we went out to look around Manchester and to celebrate the fact that we had just gotten engaged and we realised when we tried to pay for lunch that the man at reception had put a hold for £280 on our bank card and had blocked us from being able to withdraw any money. The room was only £235 so there was no reason why he should have taken so much from our account. We returned to reception and spoke to one of his colleagues, who was most insincere with her apologies and she questioned us on why her colleague had charged us £280 for the room. Needless to say we were unimpressed, we could not take out any money, the woman at reception told us it was our job to ring our bank and sort it out (even though we were on holiday). We had to give her another bank card so she could cancel the charge on our debit card but to make matters worse, two days after we checked out they still had a charge on two of our bank accounts, so we were still unable to touch any of our money. The woman at reception did not seem to care at all that they had left us stranded with no money on our first time in Manchester and it put a huge dampener on the fact that we had literally just gotten engaged. I would not rush to book with Novotel in the future, totally ruined our weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ami m

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel Manchester Centre, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. Please could you contact me with any specific issues from your stay as I would like to confirm that we will be taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel Manchester Centre and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,
Iain Black
General Manager.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Best hotel in Manchester I have stayed in, very easy and quick check in. Helpful and friendly reception staff, nothing was too much trouble. Great room, very clean, excellent bathroom and separate toilet. Beds clean and comfortable. Good location, we stayed at the "back" of the hotel and was really quiet. Good discount on the Q park at the rear of the hotel (2 mins walk). Will definitely be staying here again. You can also use the gym facilities during your stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night as we had booked to go to the Palace theatre which is a 5 minuite walk away on Oxford Road. We checked in and our room was on th 1st floor. It was big enough for the 2 of us. Lovely comfortable bed, just not enough pillows. Clean and excellent bathroom with a seperate loo. Good location and very quiet we both had an excellent nights sleep. Bar open 24 hours staff very friendly and front of hous man was brilliant he ordered us a pizza as we were both hungry and the food in the evening was very limited. Overall good hotel would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Manchester. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Manchester Centre. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived early to hotel around 10am got offered an upgrade to executive room for 30 quid for the 3 nights which was good in the room it was very spacious with coffee machine free movie channels and iPod Docking station.. The bed was large and mattress was very comfy.. I would defo recommend executive room.. The location off the hotel is also very good it's around 5 mins walk to Piccadilly centre and there's plenty of restaurants around the hotel I'd recommend giorgios itialan.. Defo would stay at this hotel again thanks for good weekend !!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Eunzo

Thank you very much for your review and recommendations. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.