“Second stay”

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #39 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Now our second stay at the Novotel in Manchester for a graduation. A perfect location for the city centre, lovely clean rooms, comfortable beds, good showers and friendly staff. Short, enjoyable stay. Will certainly return the next time we visit Manchester.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Abbie J
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Iain Balck, General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Manchester Centre

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Third time we've stayed here and yet again we weren't disappointed. The lovely lady on reception upgraded us to a Junior Suite which was a lovely gesture. Huge room, very comfortable, clean and quiet - just how we like it. Excellent service. Will be back again soon.

Room Tip: First floor tends to be the Executive rooms and Suites and in my experience are quieter than the roo...
1  Thank Haydn J
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Peter W
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed three nights at the Novotel whilst working in Manchester. It's not too far from Manchester Piccadilly - probably a five minute taxi ride or a fifteen minute walk - and perfect if you want to visit Chinatown. The room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and well-maintained. The bed was comfy and I slept well.

I ate in the hotel once and was very pleased with the meal, though it was somewhat expensive for a burger and chips. The portions were generous and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Breakfast was great - an excellent choice of traditional English, continental, cereals, fruit and pancakes - one of the best selections I've seen. It's presented on a serve yourself basis so you can get exactly what you want.

I would certainly consider staying here again the next time I'm visiting Manchester.

Room Tip: 24 hours wifi is free
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Philmex1

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had to attend some business in Manchester so picked this fairly central hotel. It was easy to find, was a good place to get to everywhere I wanted to by foot, so very handy. The room was nice, a I always ask for a high floor as it tends to be a little quieter then the lower floors. Had tea making facilities which was nice and a fridge. The bar area and barman was pleasant enough as was the check-in staff. I had requested by emails, 2 x through Booking.com and once direct, to th ask for an early check-in at 1200hrs. However when I arrived at 1200hrs they knew nothing about it and i ended up waiting until about 2.30PM before I got my room; so that wasn't great. All in all was a pleasant stay and i would use it again if in the area.

Room Tip: There were some noisy revellers at about 5AM coming in from their night out.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your request for an early arrival - there are exceptional circumstances where we cannot offer this as guests have until 12 noon to check out and we have to service all the rooms to guarantee check in from 2pm. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Manchester Centre. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at Novotel for a weekend get away. We chose the hotel because of the reviews. However, I can say we did not enjoy the hotel at all. Our bed was a great size--big and roomy but it was hard as a rock and slopped in the middle so we kept rolling into each other at night.

The shower was great. Loved the rain style shower head but the design of the door (if that is what it could be called) was poor. It was a screen that basically covered half of the front of the shower and all the water sprayed out onto the floor. Also the shower was mouldy.

Separate toilet...great idea, needs a sink in the room with it. Defeats the purpose of letting the other person shower while you use the toilet if you have to go in the other room to wash your hands. Also, inconvenient at night to have to to into two rooms.

Another annoyance was that breakfast ended at 9:30. Really? 9:30...am....

Next time I will skip the special deal and spend a little extra for a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. We do have a project to replace all our beds this year which will hopefully be more comfortable. I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience. Kind Regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Novotel while attending a conference in the nearby Manchester Central Exhibition Centre, just a 5 minute walk away. My check-in was delayed until 2pm - the constant bane of the business traveller. But this is well advertised so I cannot fault the hotel for that.

The whole experience was excellent at Novotel - the only small gripe is the rather dull room. You could really be any hotel in any city in the UK when you close the door. But it was spacious and clean and quiet. The bathroom is a little out of proportion to the room in its minuscule size and for some reason the toilet is separate. I like to conduct all my business in one room if you know what I mean.

The breakfast selection is vast and all the items on the buffet were regularly topped up - so freshly cooked and prepared. They even have a little TV supper table where you can put on a pair of headphones and enjoy the personal screen to catch up on the days news or World Cup action.

I have to say the bar was a little lifeless for a city centre hotel. But the hotels central location means that most people were probably nipping out to one of the nearby hostelries for their evening imbibing.

Overall a very pleasant stay and I would return again. Certainly it's location smack in the city centre is great if you don't want to catch a taxi every time you want to eat or enjoy a drink.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.