“We loved the apparments and would go back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Suites

Premier Suites
Ranked #48 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“We loved the apparments and would go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

We found apartments on internet. .Arrived after reception had closed but earlier in the day staff had e-mailed instructions on how to get key. Rooms were clean and had all we needed. Staff were very helpful and nothing was to much trouble. Cafe next door great for breakfast. Food shop next door.
Decor may not have been to my taste but it was not my house.
Near to Victoria station and MEN arena. Ideal for transport links and town centre.
Would stay there again and would recommend.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank UKC11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

This is my 2nd stay at these apartments and it will not be my last. I shall return time and time again. The location is very central to everything you could possibly want in Manchester and the apartments cater for every single need. The staff are most welcoming and nothing is ever too much bother for them. The shop/cafe to the left of the apartments as you leave the main door does a terrific cheap English breakfast which you can takeaway and eat in the privacy of your apartment with your own cuppa. We loved it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SHEGlasgow
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

Decided to stay here as we've stayed in serviced apartments before and it's been great. Location wise you can't beat it - went to see a concert at the MEN and was literally down the road. Little bit of traffic noise but not too bad. Showed to the room by what seemed to be the manager - really nice guy and service at check in was excellent! Got in room (1 bed apartment), was ok in siz but very dated. Dodgy carpet and table with quite a few stains on - furniture dated. Can see these were probably nice about ten or fifteen years ago! Wouldn't stay again - we stayed at roomzz last time which was much better. Such a shame as the service was excellent - rooms drastically need an update - where is the flat screen tv? iPod dock? Pc?

• Stayed April 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JimboLpool
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. The majority of our apartments are undergoing some form of refurbishment with the areas you highlighted being the first to be addressed. We are also looking to upgrade our TV's to flat screen ones over the coming months. I am glad you found the location and service to your liking and hope you will give us another try the next time in Manchester. Mark - GM.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

I have been sent to Manchester for 6 weeks to work, I was advised to use the premier apartments so I would not be stuck in a hotel. As the apartments are within our budget (never easy to find something decent) I decided to give it a go.

Have to say I am impressed. Situated in the northern quarter it is an ideal location with the arndale 2 minutes walk away. The apartment was clean and tidy and boy was it big for the money. Being able to use an oven, dishwasher and washing machine whilst away from home is a godsend. The place was comfortable and warm (very warm£. It did feel like a home from home! My only minor complaint was I had no dining table, 2 chairs yes but no table so dinner was on my lap on the sofa.

As I am going back again I was able to leave clean washing behind too. So a nice lightweight bag to carry home.

The staff were helpful, upon arrival I was shown to my apartment, not just told where the lift was. It made me feel welcome.

I certainly would advise for anyone staying a while to consider staying. I certainly will be over the next 5 weeks :)

• Stayed March 2011
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2010

We lived here for a few weeks in between selling our house and moving in with family over Christmas.
We really enjoyed our stay here as the apartment was spacious (even though we had a LOT of stuff!), well-equipped and in a great location - near the tram stop, Victoria train station, and right on top of the Northern Quarter and the Arndale.
The staff were friendly and helpful and although the rooms got very hot at times (despite the sub-zero temps outside!) it was great staying here.
We would definitely recommend it for business or weekend stays.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Chorley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Premier Apartments with friends in December 2010 and were very pleased with every part of our stay. In the past we have always stayed in hotels but it was lovely to have the space to relax in the apartment. It was very clean and modern and the beds very comfortable. The staff on arrival and departure couldn't have been more friendly or helpful and having the facility of secure overnight parking was an added bonus. Thank you for your hospitality and we will see you again in the near future.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
England, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

I stayed here for two nights, with my husband and his parents. The location is good for the main shopping areas and also for bars in the Northern Quarter. Check-in was easy and all of the staff we dealt with were friendly and efficient. The apartment itself was well-appointed and the rooms were comfortable with plenty of towels and spare pillows available. The bathrooms were clean and the showers were powerful with plentiful hot water. There were some signs of wear, the freezer door was not very well attached, and the tables were marked where previous guests had been careless with hot drinks (and hammers by the look of the dining table!) My in-laws were very happy with the extra space when compared to a hotel room, and it was nice to be able to sit together without perching on someone's bed. We did not cook at all whilst there, the cafe North next door was reasonably priced and the food excellent. Only real drawer-back was the noisy building site at the side of the building-but that's not the fault of Premier Apartments, and will be finished fairly soon.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this review, 15 December 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your stay. The freezer door has been made sturdy following your stay and I have a table-top refurbishment programme in place which will also repair the table tops. After which time, they will be further protected by toughened glass. I am pleased you enjoyed the space and other facilities offered by our apartments and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you come to Manchester. Mark - GM.