All reviewsthese apartmentsarndale centrebedroom apartmentnorthern quartergreat locationsmall balconyhome from homefridge and freezerwashing machineapartment was greatmen arenacar parksecure parkingwell equipped kitchenmain bathroomprint worksshort stroll
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Good accommodation better than staying in a hotel . Arrived early and let into the room as it was ready. Can be noisy outside but no more than expected in a city Centre. If you can cope with the window closed you will not hear any thing.
Great position for the shps and bars.
Bed a bit soft for my liking but rooms of good standard and have every thing you need.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed here two nights and paid 156 pounds for both nights for two people. Upon arrival, I was upgraded without asking to a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment, with a great living room area complete with two sofas, a decent tv and a fully fitted kitchen. Excellent location for shopping and getting into town for a night out, and very quiet within the apartment. Lovely bathrooms. Beats staying in a hotel room.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.....we're certainly close enough to everything, which makes getting around Manchester that little bit easier!
I hope this won't be your last visit, and you come and stay with us some time soon!
Kind regards, Lesell, General Manager.

Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a weekend break with my husband and parents. Firstly, these apartments are in a perfect location. Metro and bus stops are less than 100m away, plus the Printworks and the Arndale centre are just down the road!
Secondly the staff are fab! Even before our stay, they were more than helpful. Very polite, friendly, and answered any questions we had. Cannot fault them at all.
However....
When we entered our room, it stank of stale smoke and it was absolutely roasting inside. Now, i like warmth, and it was cold outside.... but the heat took the breath from each of us. We ended up opening the windows that would open to air and cool the place, as all heaters were off.
Then we went to put some valuables in the safe. Once we opened it, we found someones dirty knickers and a soiled tshirt. The smell made me gag.
I think everyones cleanliness is different, so typically we washed any cups before we used them, but the kitchen worktops were dirty and the bin smelt so badly we had to close it in the bathroom.
The last matter on the cleanliness front was the sheet on one of the beds. As i removed the pillow on the left of the bed i was greated by a large blood stain.
The cleanliness really lets these apartments down. We did see a cleaner sitting on a hoover for about 20minutes as well. I think if higher standards are set, rooms are aired and rooms are correctly checked, these would be first class apartments!

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, although I am disappointed that your stay wasn't to your liking.
If you had mentioned any of your issues when you were with us we would have certainly tried to rectify any problems you had at the time.
As a company we have an on-going maintenance and painting programme, and this apartment was last painted throughout in May, although our painter will go in there and “touch up” where needed. I will certainly make sure that this is now top of our list to do again.
I have checked with the current guest in this apartment and he has had no issues with either of the bathrooms, but we have steam cleaned throughout just in case, so thank you for bringing this to my attention.
The car park is located at the back of the apartments, and if you place our postcode into a sat nav, it will take you directly there. For those that do not have a sat nav system, we are more than happy to provide detailed directions.
Our parking spaces are standard size, although I do appreciate that the top of the ramp can be quite tight, but this is in compliance with any building regulations, and is obviously out of my control.
As we rent the parking spaces to offer to our guests, we therefore do have to pass on the charge and try to keep charges to a minimum. Our rates are competitive to other hotels that have parking with-in the city centre and a lot cheaper than an NCP car-park.
As you can see from other comments left my previous guests, this is certainly not to our normal standards, and I would like the opportunity to welcome you back so that we can show you how things are normally done.

Kind regards, Lesell, General Manager

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Surprised by previous review with a room in disrepair. Also stayed to see Muse at the MEN (great venue, epic co concert!) with wife and two kids and both rooms were terrific with comfortable beds, decent linen and very quiet. Kitchen/sitting room excellent. Irritated by no free wifi which they charge 5 Pounds for an hour or 10 pounds for 24 hours, but we did have a dishwasher tablet and coffee. Felt worth the price and the location for the MEN is absolutely superb. Underground parking is secure but charged at 15 Pounds I think. If going to MEN, assuming it is already a treat to see your band, this is a nice treat too. Also, of staying on business in Manchester, could comfortably stay here for several days (aside from annoying wifi charge - no excuses these days for such clingon of a bygone profit centre/opportunity).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Christopher Ber... E

Thank you for your time to review your stay with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and also your concert!! We are in a great location for the Arena so hopefully we may see you again!

For business travellers we do have inclusive wi-fi rates, so next time your visiting just ask us about them!!

Once again thank you so much, Lesell, General Manager

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We are a family of three and we stayed here 1st and 2nd November 2012 to attend a Muse concert at the MEN. It is a good location for the MEN, Printworks and Arndale centre.
Bad points - We had a two bedroom appartment, (no 115 on first floor), which was looking pretty sad and not very clean. It was quite grubby throughout. There was peeling paintwork above the bath in the main bathroom, the furniture and carpets looked rather tired and the appartment badly needed a really good clean, and/or an overhaul and a coat of paint.
There were silverfish running around in both bathrooms, the skirting boards throughout were particularly dirty, and the small table in the living area was dirty and badly scratched.
The underground car park is very difficult to find, even more difficult to get in and out of (entrance ramp and spaces are very narrow) and I really begrudge paying another £15 a night on top of my quoted rate for parking. Internet access was another £10 a night. Rip off!
At over £230 for two nights (excluding parking and internet access), I expected much better standards. I certainly would have expected a coffee maker or cafetiere jug to be provided to make coffee with. (The photo on the web site shows a cafetiere, but there was not one in our appartment. That might sound like nit picking, but a kettle is fine if you like instant coffee, but we don't, so we had to go out and buy some one-cup coffee filters). There is a dishwasher, but no dishwasher tablets are provided, so you either have to go out and buy a full box of tablets, (unlikely if you are only staying two nights), or you have to wash your dishes in hot water only.
Good points - very friendly and helpful young lady on reception. Reasonable size TV in the lounge with a decent quality picture. Comfy sofas. Good noise insulation - Hardly any traffic noise, despite being on a busy street opposite a huge multi storey car park. Lovely clean white bed linen and towels. Good night's kip was had by all. (Until some idiot decided it would be good fun to knock on our door at 5.00am and then run off). Great breakfasts at Cafe North next door.
Would we stay there again? No. Definitely not. Two separate or adjoining rooms in a budget hotel like a Premier Inn would be much better value and a whole lot cleaner.

Room Tip: Only stayed in one appartment so cannot comment on the others.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family