“Worst management ever!”
Review of Premier Suites

Premier Suites
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 26 February 2014

After my visit to this establishment (A normal apartment, without luxuries), management is trying to make me pay for some damages I didn't made. Be aware of them!
The only good thing was the location, but I'll never come back to this place

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IBlanc0
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay, I have however addressed the situation with you on email in relation to the damage left in the apartment . As a company we do our utmost to ensure that the apartments are of a standard for all of our guests, and whilst a smashed cup or such like is accidental, and something that we are happy to replace, we cannot accept serious damage, as this does have an impact on our business and the comfort of our future guests.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Me and three friends booked this hotel as we were attending a gig at the phones 4 U Arena so we only needed it for one night , this hotel is in a perfect location , well within walking distance and next door to a large convenience shop. Upon arrival we were getting checked in and were told we had to pay a £250 "damage" deposit. Being 4 students we were horrified and it was sheer luck that one of us could foot the full amount, apparently this was in our confirmation email but it must have been in very small print or terms and conditions because 4 of us managed to miss it which was pretty suspect.

We stayed in an apartment with 2 rooms with double beds , the rooms and overall apartment are maintained to a very high standard , this is probably the best hotel we have stayed in for a long time for what it cost , we had everything we needed all kitchen utensils were provided , all appliances were very clean. very good heating system and was generally well equipped and furnished

Would recommend this hotel to ANYBODY , but be careful with regards to "deposits" clarify before you travel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm glad that overall your stay was most enjoyable and hope that you will return to stay with us in the future.

As we only have limited opening time for reception, we charge a £250.00 deposit to deter any parties and noise that would cause a disturbance to other guests whilst the office is closed. We appreciate that this is a considerable amount and highlight it in both our confirmation and on calls, giving people the option to cancel their booking should they wish.

Once again, thank you for your time,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed for a week at Premier Apartments. Nice and cosy 2 bedroom apartment. Clean, warm, with comfortable beds and two spacious bathrooms.
Excellent location with easy access (walking) to shops, restaurants, the mall (Arndale); you can walk even to the train station.
Kind and helpful staff.
Will be back again when we return to Manchester.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for giving us such a great review...it is most appreciated!!

I will pass your comments onto the team, it certainly makes their job worthwhile!

Hopefully we cane expect to welcome you back next time your in Manchester?

Once again, thank you

General manager

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have not actually stayed in this hotel. I made the wrong booking and I tried to cancel straight away after the booking but they refused to cancel. The booking agency tried contacting them on my behalf as I am a regular customer with them but they also refused to cancel despite the fact that I tried to cancel ONE month in advance ! so they could have easily rented out the room. I also spoke to the manager Robert but he was not very friendly and he did not seem to be bothered. So basically I paid them 180 GBP for nothing.

On the first day of my booking I received an email from them asking whether I ll be coming the next day. Unfortunately I made the mistake of answering them and saying that I won't be coming. They have consequently cancelled my booking hence not giving me the opportunity of reviewing the place. And I am confident they most probably rented out that room. I am glad tripadvisor gives me the opportunity of making people wary of this place.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fadi81

Thank you for your comments regarding your booking you made with Premier Apartments Manchester and I apologise for the issues you encountered.
However, when making your reservation you chose to book on our Advanced Purchased Rate, which is highly discounted, on the proviso that the booking cannot be cancelled or amended.
Prior to the booking being completed on line you do have to confirm that you are happy with all the details ensuring people do not book in error.
For any future bookings, our best available flexible rate would be more suitable, as this rate allows you to cancel and amend booking up-to 4pm the day before arrival.
I hope that we can welcome you back to Manchester at some point in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Good value for a self-catered apartment in a city centre. The apartment was spacious with good quality facilities and furnishings.

Location: Within walking distance of the Arndale Centre, MEN arena, shops, tramstops and the train station.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Manchester. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourselves and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was very excited to stay here for a weekend away with my partner due to the great location in Manchester city centre. On arrival, we were not disappointed as the one-bed apartment was spacious yet cosy and the rooms appeared clean and comfortable. However, while putting luggage away in the wardrobe in the main bedroom, we were horrified at the sight of a used condom on top of the wardrobe, covered in dust like it had been there for weeks. That completely ruined the stay for us and after speaking to reception, the terrible customer service we received solidified the fact that we will not be staying there again. After speaking to the man at the reception desk, we were offered a 20% refund and a full refund once he got in touch with the manager, however this itself took 3 weeks and once the manager contacted us, she informed us that no further refund could be made. Very much a horrible experience and overall waste of time and money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alb431
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay. I should like to apologise for what you found on top of the wardrobe and assure you that I have spoken to the housekeeping department in relation to this incident.

There must have been a misunderstanding in the communication with the reception team in relation to a full refund as they advised this had not been offered. I am aware you have been contacted by our sales manager to also offer you a discount on a future stay as well as the 20% discounted to your last stay, to restore you faith in Premier Apartments Manchester.

Once again I should like to apologise for any inconvenience caused

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed at Premier Apartments, Apartments very clean, beds really comfortable. easy access to shops, restaurants, and as we travelled from airport by bus the bus stop is beside the apartments.Staff very helpful. Will be back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your excellent review!

We're in a great location....close enough for all the shopping and night-life, without all the noise...bliss!!
Hopefully we'll see you on your next visit to Manchester?