“Great stay in Manchester city center”
Review of Premier Suites

Premier Suites
Ranked #44 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Philadelphia
“Great stay in Manchester city center”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This was the third location that we stayed in during our 3wk stay in the UK. It was by far the best place that we stayed in while in England. We rented a one bedroom, one bath apartment, which was fine for me and my daughter for a week. There price was reasonable. I booked early and paid in full. I was able to get free WiFi too by booking directly through Premier's website.

When you first walk in you see a small hallway, all white, and four doors (one in front of you, two on the left, and one on the right side). I found that a bit strange, but once you open the doors you are pleasantly surprised. I had to prop open the doors to the bedroom and living/kitchen area. I found it quite annoying to have to open two doors every time you want to go to a different section of the apartment.

The bathroom is pretty spacious. They supplied soap, shower caps, towels. The heated towel rack actually worked and could be turned on and off via a switch in the hallway. The shower glass only covers half of the bathtub, which I find extremely annoying. Even though water from the showerhead doesn't go on the floor, soap and water will splash onto the floor when you wash. The tube is very high and may be difficult for some people to get out of.

The bedroom is also spacious. It can get a bit warm and stuffy in there though and the window is of very little help since it doesn't open all the way. The bed is big enough for two and fairly comfortable. A real hairdryer is supplied and it gets really hot, so that's good. No TV in the bedroom though.

The living room area is very nice and there is a small balcony.

The kitchen area is nice as well and is equipped with every thing needed (even a frying pan and spatula). They even supply laundry tablets and liquid dish soap.

The washing/drying machine seems to be what is standard and worked fine.

Some people who reviewed this place complained about there not being 24hrs reception, but I didn't find that a problem. I arrived on a bank holiday, before reception closed. There were a couple of times I wanted to ask them questions, but they weren't major and I was able to wait until morning. They do provide you with a number you can call for EMERGENCIES ONLY, although they didn't say what they consider an emergency.

They staff was very nice and were able to answer all of my concerns. There is even a complimentary hot drink (hot chocolate, coffee, etc) machine, but it is only available when reception is open.

The area is a basic center city and can be a bit noisey at night, but it wasn't too bad. You have to watch where you step outside too, because people vomit in the street.

Premier Apartments is very close to food places and shops. There is a bus and tram station directly across the street. And if you take Mega Bus, you can catch it at that station (Shudehill station). We stayed here for a One Direction concert and where able to get the tram across the street to the Eithad Stadium. On the way back, the tram que was too long and we were able to walk back to the Apartments in about 30 minutes. Premier is very close to Victoria rail station too.

Great stay would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Latoya R
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you had a great journey home, and hopefully next time you are in Manchester, you'll visit us again.

Once again thank you.

Lesell Ward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
Manchester
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here for a rare night out out at the Printworks. Staff on check in were very polite & helpful. We found the apartment to be spotlessly clean and a good size. We usually stay in a Hotel room, but it was nice to sit in the lounge area, sharing a bottle of chilled wine, rather than just sitting on a bed. Not having a plug socket next to a mirror was bit of a problem, really difficult leaning over the bed to try to see the mirror, but we managed!!
It was warm at night & we had to have the window open, which meant traffic noise all night, especially everytime a vehicle went over the grid....It wouldn't put us off staying here again though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your review of your stay in Manchester. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourselves and found everything to your liking.
For future stays, reception do have fans for guests use and will be happy to put one in your apartment.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on the bank holiday weekend. The apartments are cosy and a good size. The kitchen is well equipped, bedroom is a decent size and the bathroom is nice and big. The carpet could do with updating a bit, but overall the apartments are good value and in a great location right near the arndale and in the centre of town. The only bad thing I would say is the staff are not very accommodating, we asked for more cleaning products and cloths as we were cooking in the apartment and they were not helpful and just said 'you get what you are provided', even though we were doing the cleaners a favour and keeping the kitchen clean. We also asked as we were having trouble with the oven and there were no instructions and just wanted to check the settings, when we called reception the lady said ' i cant leave my desk im the only one here, sorry I dont know what else you can do, there isnt a manual, you will have to figure it out. This was a bit disappointing and I felt they could have done more to help with this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank nazia k
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Many thanks for your recent review in relation to your stay with us.

I am so sorry that you were disappointed with the service, and would like to apologise as this is certainly not of our usual standards, especially in relation to the team we have.

Whilst it is correct that they cannot leave the office unmanned, there is a user guide for all appliances in the apartment, which you should have been told about. I have spoken to the person on duty and can assure you that this will not happen again.

We have recently updated the carpets and kitchen floors in the apartments, which has made a big difference in the overall appearance of the apartments, and hopefully you will see a big improvement next time you visit us.

Once again, thank you for your time.

Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Over all thethe apartments do the job. They are spacious, comfortable, well located, good shower, soft bed and well build kitchen, parking and internet access are a great plus. But there are some things which are not right. Thisvis surprising, concidering its a chain, and otherwise most of the housekeeping is tried, tested and optimised.
When you use a hairdryer, you need to be by the mirror. Any woman will agree on that. 2 mirrors in the apartment, in the bathroom with no socket at all, and in the bedroom, where there is no socket in vicinity to stratche the cable to be able to see yourself in the mirror. When asked at the reception about a small mirror or an extention cable, there was no apology, no help, no interest at all.
When first connecting to the internet, there appears a message access denied. Surely, we had to go back to reception to check what is it we are doing wrong. Nothing, the answer was, it always sais it. You could have spared us trouble mentioning this when giving us the password.
Entry code on the main entrance prompts for 6 digit number, but on the instructions the number is 7 digits. There were 5 or 6 of us on the first evening gathered by the doo, trying to figure out, how to get in.

The worst was the attitude of the receptionist. May be it was just unlucky, as this was the same girl at teh desk, and other would have been more helpful? Anyway, hope this will help the company to sort these bits.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalia_Drohan
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us...I'm glad overall that you enjoyed your stay and apologise for the issues you had.
I totally agree about the hairdryer and the mirror and can't believe we haven't picked up on this sooner! I have now had this changed so there will be no further problems in the future!.
The issue you had with the internet was a problem, so I apologise that for some reason you were misinformed and we didn't sort it out straight away. Again this has been resolved today.
Once again thank you for your feedback, and I hope we can welcome you back to Manchester in the near future.

cumbria
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as we were going to a concert at the MEN. The location was great and the receptionist really welcoming but then we went into the apartment - it was awful ! Stained sofas, burns in the carpet and the net curtains were black with dirt. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. The beds had no mattress covers and I didn't dare pull back the sheets. For £180 a night I expected much better !!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sewies
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.
I'm so sorry you were disappointed with your apartment as we do like to pride ourselves on our standards.
e have recently had a soft refurbishment on the apartments which includes re-painting, new kitchen floor and new carpets in the bedrooms and lounges where needed.
Hopefully next time you are in Manchester, you can visit us again, to see the improvements that we have made.

general Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel early in the morning but were told that checking starts by 2 in the afternoon. We checked in to our room around an hour after midday after paying a security deposit of 250 pounds which we were told through email. We found the two bedroom apartment spacious and had lots of amenities for your use. The nearby shop downstairs is well stocked and the hotel is within walking distance to the Arndale, cinemas and the national football museum. The only problem with the hotel is the cleaning, which was not done, and when we stuck the message to our door, they just removed the garbage. It's a nice hotel overall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aahammayo
Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay with us, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and found everything to your satisfaction.
In relation to the cleaning, this is done on a weekly and not daily basis, so if you were here just for the weekend your apartment would not have been serviced.
I hope that this clarifies our procedures and that we can hopefully welcome you back to Premier Apartments Manchester soon.

Werrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights last weekend. I was impressed at the location and amenities offered. It is located next to a Premier shop and has a taxi rank nearby. The bathroom was an adequate size and the staff were helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your time in writing a review of your stay at Premier Apartments Manchester. I am so glad that you enjoyed ad had a great weekend.

Hope fully we will get to welcome you back next time you visit us.