“Surprisingly good”
Review of Bohemia - CLOSED

Bohemia
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set right in the heart of the city centre, in picturesque Castlefield, Bohemia combines contemporary style with flexibility, luxury and creativity. Downstairs we offer a casual dining and stylish drinking experience with delicious cocktails, live music and live sport viewings. Upstairs the Uber Lounge offers luxury, premium service and the perfect weekend drinking spot for a lively Friday night or more chilled out Saturday. What’s more, our two flexible function rooms, perfect for corporate meetings, weddings and parties, make Bohemia the perfect location for any occasion.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Visited here at the start of August after booking earlier in the year. Jumped in when I seen the Groupon deal, but was a little apprehensive after reading the reviews:

4 of us got the deal for £85, this included champagne on arrival, 4 starters, and 4 lobster/steak mains,

Myself and the brother-in-law got the lobster in a thermidor sauce, which was cooked to perfection and very hot (contrary to other reviews). The wife and brother-in-laws missus got the steak, which came in the round pieces. Again they both said it was great.

We found the staff helpful and friendly, they couldn't do enough for us.

Lovely location and good to explore the Castlefield/Deansgate bars afterwards.

Probably wouldn't pay the full price for what we had, but well worth the Groupon deal.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I have visited this place a few times as I always like to give places a second and third chance but each time has not been very enjoyable. My latest experience pushed me to write this review. I had a voucher from a local website and as I walked past Bohemia I noticed it was empty so when I got in my flat 5 mins later I decided to ring and book for the following day. First they didnt answer the phone and had to leave a voicemail (promising to ring me back). I left a message but needlessly to say they didnt ring me back. I went past the next night on my way to another restaurant and yes it was empty, shocking service. The sooner this place gets taken over and sorted out the better. New bars have opened near by now which are far better so cant see any need to go in the future,

Visited August 2012
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Embarassed taking friends there!”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My husband and I went for luch a few months back and had a lovely meal, with great service and thought what a find.
We decided to go back with four friends on a Groupon steak and lobster meal. The starters were fine, but thats where it ends. The steak was overcooked, the lobster obviously a frozen one was chewy, but worst of all it was all cold. The waiters who were friendly but lacking experience and no real management presence, the waiters took the meal back and warmed up a steak, which then came back well done. We left it all, drank our drinks and went home hungry. We wont be returning and I was embarassed bringing friends all the way from Lymm with a £60 taxi bill for the return journey. How couls it change so much in a matter of months?

Leeds, UK
“Groupon "deal"... Overcooked "steak" and frozen lobster...”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Was reccommended to us by a friend as a really good deal... The lobster was tiny and chewy. The steak - requested as medium was well done and cooked as slices instead of as a steak and sliced afterwards. Oh and the peppercorn sauce was watery and for some reason tasted vaguely of toothpaste. Service was good though and the glass of cava wasn't bad either.

Will not be returning.

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Ok but probably wouldn't return”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Walked to the canal junction - lock 92. Bohemia looked interesting so we popped in. Told no food served outside - althought nice seating area and space heaters - with views over canals.
Accepted table inside - took some waiting but staff we keen and helpful.
At the table we were asked if we had vouchers! We had none ( have a look on web as there are apparently a few around ) but we're offered free loyalty card wich gave £19.95 deal on sharing platter and bottle of wine. Good deal but platter was not very big and a bit disappointing. Mains were ok. Pecan pie dessert was good and well presented.
Staff are not up to speed with menu nor with efficient service. Spraying next table with high ammonia bleach during our meal was not a great idea and detracted from the experience. When second member of staff came to spray the table again our enjoyment level took a dive!
Even signing up for the loyalty card was not plain sailing. However we now have a free card, a £20 voucher to use in next month and 25% discount on any future visits.
In summary "could do better!"