“TERRIBLE”
Review of Bohemia - CLOSED

Bohemia
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set right in the heart of the city centre, in picturesque Castlefield, Bohemia combines contemporary style with flexibility, luxury and creativity. Downstairs we offer a casual dining and stylish drinking experience with delicious cocktails, live music and live sport viewings. Upstairs the Uber Lounge offers luxury, premium service and the perfect weekend drinking spot for a lively Friday night or more chilled out Saturday. What’s more, our two flexible function rooms, perfect for corporate meetings, weddings and parties, make Bohemia the perfect location for any occasion.
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I reserved a table for a party of 15 for my boyfriends birthday at Bohemia. They rang me on the day to see if it was ok if we could sit outside as there was a dj playing inside and it may be too loud. I said this would be fine as the weather was quite nice and they promised a reserved area with outdoor heaters. When we got there, there was no table ready ano no one really acting as a matre de to take you to your table. Our friends all had to get drinks at the bar and when i finally spoke to someone, they promised our table would be ready soon, half an hour later we were shown to a table that was next to a communal bin and tram line. It was also very dark by this point, with few candles on the tables. The tables were individually round so we had to push them together to make a sort of larger circle so we could all coverse. Again, I had to go and get someone to take our order. The waiters were all inexperienced, they had no white wine at all and did not offer an alternative, and when we ordered steak they didn't ask how we would like it cooked and had to remind them. When the food eventually did come, it was now 10 o clock (table was booked for 8), several members of the party had been playing rugby that day and were all starving by this point and there was no apology. We ordered several surf and turf platters that were advertised as tuna steak and beef steak. We all ordered medium-rare steak and when it came, it was over well done and almost inedible. The tuna was actually sea bass but no one had told us this, and ciabetta bread was replaced by burger buns. I complained for the 5th time in the night and they saud they would only replace the steaks that had remained untouched, again, several of the pariy had not eaten since midday. The guy dealing with us was very rude and brought out replacement steaks that for the second time were well done! By this point I'd eventually got hold of a senior manager and he was there when the second lot of steaks arrived. He could tell the service form start to finish had been despicable and was very apologetic. Unfortunately, it was a case of too little too late and it had dampened my boyfriends birthday. Alot of the party were not from Manchester and I was embarrassed to have taken them here as I had been before and the food had been good. To be fair on Mike (the manager) he took alot off our bill and got us a free round of drinks but assured me I would get a call from someone in the next few days to talk about the esperience and to get it rectified (by this time it was pushing 11 o clock and I just wanted to get out of there. It's two weeks on now and I've still not had the call, despite me ringing them and not having a call back. Really dissapointing.

1  Thank Danielle C
There are newer reviews for Bohemia

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Me and my partner recently moved to the area and have stopped in here on several occasions for food and drinks.
Every time we have had great service from the staff and the food we had there was amazing. My partner and I had a surf and turf platter for two with seasonal veg and fries. It was a fabulous meal and with a discount card we got 20% off. We also visited for a barbeque which again was nice but more cheap and cheerful.
Nice place for drinks after work too!!

1  Thank Linda J
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

We visited on 1st September, at 4pm we were made to drink out of plastic glasses on the terrace despite having an expensive bottle of wine. We were told we had 10 minutes to drink up as they were expecting a private party, could have told us before we purchased it.
Very poor indeed, went to Albert's shed and had a great time

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Visited here at the start of August after booking earlier in the year. Jumped in when I seen the Groupon deal, but was a little apprehensive after reading the reviews:

4 of us got the deal for £85, this included champagne on arrival, 4 starters, and 4 lobster/steak mains,

Myself and the brother-in-law got the lobster in a thermidor sauce, which was cooked to perfection and very hot (contrary to other reviews). The wife and brother-in-laws missus got the steak, which came in the round pieces. Again they both said it was great.

We found the staff helpful and friendly, they couldn't do enough for us.

Lovely location and good to explore the Castlefield/Deansgate bars afterwards.

Probably wouldn't pay the full price for what we had, but well worth the Groupon deal.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I have visited this place a few times as I always like to give places a second and third chance but each time has not been very enjoyable. My latest experience pushed me to write this review. I had a voucher from a local website and as I walked past Bohemia I noticed it was empty so when I got in my flat 5 mins later I decided to ring and book for the following day. First they didnt answer the phone and had to leave a voicemail (promising to ring me back). I left a message but needlessly to say they didnt ring me back. I went past the next night on my way to another restaurant and yes it was empty, shocking service. The sooner this place gets taken over and sorted out the better. New bars have opened near by now which are far better so cant see any need to go in the future,