“Eclectic mix”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Red brick Kentish oasthouse with South African thatch and corrugated iron roof. No doors. Outside kitchen! Share oversize wooden tables with strangers. Eat out of wooden boxes. Lit by reclaimed industrial lights. Has to be either a disaster or a roaring success. Very much the latter.
My wife proclaimed the burger to be the best she had ever eaten. My flattened rump was served pink and seasoned with garlic and chilli. Good selection of deli boards, barbeque and rotisserie with excellent selection of interesting beers and wines. Coffee great!
A smile throughout!

1  Thank ExiledScotNWEngland
Natalie B, Manager at The Oast House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Hello There,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
We are glad you love The Oast House as much as we do, and we hope to see you here again soon.

Business development Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I went there just for a drink last night and I'm really impressed. The construction is original and so nice. Is like how I picture a wooden house about to get blown off by the wolf. Ok maybe I went too far but it does look like a fairytale. It's got small table outside and wooden chairs but for some reason everyone just stay inside, so much warm and welcoming it is. It's completely made of wood from the floor to the ceiling. There's a piano in the corner, some old coutry style leather armchairs (unfortunately they were all occupied last night). Outside there's a small gazebo where the grill is. Haven't tried the food but the smell was amazing. Bar was als very good with a wide range of beers. Wine choice wasn't big but the place is not a fine dining, even though the presentation of the dishes is so nice that you want to order anything you see. The only downside so far is the cost. Beers are really expensive and so the wine is, I suppose (I didn't have wine), and the food also was quite dear. But I guess it's worth it for the location and the atmosphere. I'd rather spend the extra money here than in northern quarter where everything is overpriced for no reason. Can't wait to go back there for a meal.

Hello there.

Thank you for such a lovely review, we're glad you love The Oast House as much as we do.
In your review you said you will be back soon for a meal, i hope you have had chance to try out our yummy food. If not we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

What a great place- walked in and felt like I was in a French Ski resort- great atmosphere, could have been anywhere on any slope. Walked out harsh reality- no snow and back in the UK.

Such a differnt place to go to- very relaxing, buzzing with people but not too noisy and that was Sunday Night.

Food great- try the kebabs!!!!!! Mmmmm!!!!!!!
Manchester has so much going on now.

Hello there!

Thank you for your lovely review.
We are glad you enjoyed your time here at The Oast House, sorry there was no snow to complete your ski resort image!

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I went for lunch with colleagues. It's all wood and rustic looking inside but cosy, there's a lovely atmosphere and it was pretty busy. They have a massive range of beers and drinks. The menu isn't massive but that's a good thing because what they do have on the menu they do well. I tried the chicken hanging kebab which was delicious, really moist with roasted vegetables and chips and for less than £10 it was pretty reasonable. I will be going back to sample some of the other things on the menu, they had some great looking platters which are great for sharing. It's nice to have found a new place to go for lunch so close to work!

Hello there!

Thank you for your lovely review.
We are glad you enjoyed your time at The Oast House, and hope you've been back to sample those platters.

See you soon

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Great little building in an unusal location. Built like a ski lodge you could well imagine you are out on the slopes somewhere. Just like a real ski lodge though it was extermely hot inside the day I went and there is limited areas interally to sit/stand if you are just having a drink. I liked but prehaps its more one of the summer when the terrace could be used. I didn't taste any food but smelled nice.

1  Thank hi0161

Hello,

Thank you for your review.
We hope you come back and see what we are like in the summer, we have a lovely big courtyard outside now so lots more seats for you to enjoy the sunshine.

Hope to see you in the not to distant future.