“Great venue!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 2,185 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$15 - US$23
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Delicatessen
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester
“Great venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

First time at The Oast House! Amazing venue! Great choice of food! The Hanging kebabs so flavoursome! The Mixed fish and Beef best ever! Dont chsnge The Menu!! Staff are brilliant. Friendly and helpful! Special mention to James the manager for being so welcoming and attentive. Live background music every night a real treat and such a great night out! Cant wait to take more friends there for a great experience.

Hello There.

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
We hope since then you have had just as many great nights out with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

manchester
“Lovely end to a Saturday shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We ate here early Saturday evening. It was busy and you take pot luck getting a table, but there is a nice bustle and we like the atmosphere. There was live music too which went down very well. Food is from an outdoor kitchen, the burgers and hanging kebabs are delicious. But the perfectly seasoned chips are oh my god the saltiest thing I've ever eaten and I like my salt. Neither of us could finish them and today, several pints of water later I'm still dehydrated!!Watch out for salt poisoning the customers Oast House! But a lovely addition to spinningfields I think. Yes it's busy, but once you're settled in, cosy and fun.

• Visited March 2012
Hello There.

Thank you for your review.
We are glad you enjoyed your time here at The Oast House and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

A very nice building and that's where the positives end I'm afraid. Awful service with bar staff more concerned with ANYTHING other than customers. It was only tea time on Saturday when we went, excited about visiting a new bar in our beloved city centre and really looking forward to perhaps eating there. Queued at the bar....well not so much queued as waited for one of the many barstaff to stop glass cleaning, chatting, self-preening and notice us which they finally did and then cleared our drinks away before they were finished. I will stick to Harvey Nics and the Hilton from now on and suggest readers do the same.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lhannah63
, Manager at The Oast House, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Hi Hannah,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive our usual high standards of customer service. Here at Oast House we take Customer Service very seriously and strive to ensure every customer has a great experience with us.
I would like this opportunity to discuss the matter further with you, if you could kindly get in touch. (i have messaged you my contact details) we would like to go into more detail and try and resolve the issue encountered.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards, Natalie Brindle, Business Development Manager
NW England
“Eclectic mix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Red brick Kentish oasthouse with South African thatch and corrugated iron roof. No doors. Outside kitchen! Share oversize wooden tables with strangers. Eat out of wooden boxes. Lit by reclaimed industrial lights. Has to be either a disaster or a roaring success. Very much the latter.
My wife proclaimed the burger to be the best she had ever eaten. My flattened rump was served pink and seasoned with garlic and chilli. Good selection of deli boards, barbeque and rotisserie with excellent selection of interesting beers and wines. Coffee great!
A smile throughout!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank ExiledScotNWEngland
Hello There,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
We are glad you love The Oast House as much as we do, and we hope to see you here again soon.

Business development Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Unique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I went there just for a drink last night and I'm really impressed. The construction is original and so nice. Is like how I picture a wooden house about to get blown off by the wolf. Ok maybe I went too far but it does look like a fairytale. It's got small table outside and wooden chairs but for some reason everyone just stay inside, so much warm and welcoming it is. It's completely made of wood from the floor to the ceiling. There's a piano in the corner, some old coutry style leather armchairs (unfortunately they were all occupied last night). Outside there's a small gazebo where the grill is. Haven't tried the food but the smell was amazing. Bar was als very good with a wide range of beers. Wine choice wasn't big but the place is not a fine dining, even though the presentation of the dishes is so nice that you want to order anything you see. The only downside so far is the cost. Beers are really expensive and so the wine is, I suppose (I didn't have wine), and the food also was quite dear. But I guess it's worth it for the location and the atmosphere. I'd rather spend the extra money here than in northern quarter where everything is overpriced for no reason. Can't wait to go back there for a meal.

• Visited February 2012
Hello there.

Thank you for such a lovely review, we're glad you love The Oast House as much as we do.
In your review you said you will be back soon for a meal, i hope you have had chance to try out our yummy food. If not we hope to see you soon.